S05 E06: Welcome to Shepherd-Sloan Memorial Hospital

Comenzar desde el principio

Miranda Bailey sat in front of Michelle with a fond smile on her face, while Michelle went back to reading some documents and looking over some possible blueprints.

When she noticed that Miranda was just silent, she looked up questioningly.

"Anything you could do for me Chief?"

"Where are the kids?"

"They went out with Auntie Lexie, get ice cream across the street I think."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All the Attending's heads snapped up when they heard footsteps in the hallway. Alex Karev and Meredith Grey looked up from their tablets, where all their patient's medical files are, and their jaws dropped to the floor when they saw Michelle strutting down the hallway.

Meredith immediately ran towards her and basically jumped into her arms making Michelle laugh. Once the General Surgeon was safely back on the ground, Alex and Michelle did a quick hug and they both started power walking with Mitch and Lexie.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I have some business to take care of."

"Where's Isabella? How is she?"

The four of them turned a corner, where they passed the ER, where Owen and April are. The 2 saw the 4 of them and excused themselves and started speed walking up to the 4 people as well pulling her into a hug,

"She's 12 now oh my god, but she's great. She is with my fiance right now."

They all paused and looked at the soccer player shocked. 

"Oh my god, when did this happen?"

"Holy shit, finally tied down aye?"

Michelle chuckled and shook her head, her pace in walking just increasing and she tried not to snort when she saw that they all were barely catching up but they were doing their best. Anything to get the tea.

"After we won the World Cup, but now will you excuse me, I will be saving your livelihoods."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Miranda hummed and tilted her head. There was a silence that came over once again. Bailey slightly lifted herself to see what she was reading, when she noticed a few doctor's resumes and fee profiles were scattered, along with legal files.

"You're looking into doctors already?"

Michelle hummed and put the folder down, instead, picking a few of the resumes up and handing them to Bailey.

"When a bunch of people heard about the plan, they immediately sent in their resumes, which is great I think, having a staff even before the construction. Gives us time to actually go through these."

"What are they applying for?"

The younger girl smiled and went back to looking back at the files.

"Some are for Cardio, some Peds, but the majority is for the Chief of Surgery position."

Miranda scanned through the profiles and everything was just so flashy, like she was trying to impress her, which they were. A bunch of them were indeed qualified, but she knew someone else who was more qualified.

"You know, I always thought that you would be the perfect Chief of Surgery."

Michelle furrowed her eyebrows and grinned at one of the few people she sees as her mentor.