36

36

LONG UPDATE !!!

Ashwin was applying cream under his eyes to cover dark circles pretending to listen to teasing of his friends, when the door opened and Pugazh walked in.

"Va machan." Ashwin greeted with a smile

(Hey)

"Unna adichu polaka poren paaru." Pugazh was grumpy with the stunt Ashwin pulled by coming late to his own engagement.

(I am gonna kill you)

Ashwin who very well understood reason for Pugazh's sore mood, innocently asked, "Yenn da?"

(Why?)

"Nadikadha" Pugazh warned. "Papa, epdi tension aaita teriyuma?"

(Don't you know? She was stressed)

Ashwin turned his attention back to mirror and continued make up while talking. "Avaluku soleetu dan da ponen. Correct ah vanduten dana." Ashwin pointed at his watch. "Paaru, unn tangachi saree maathardhu kulla naan first ready aaiduven."

(I informed her about shoot. Aint I back on time? I will be ready before your sister)

"Unna ellam oru ponnu nambi love pannudhu nu unaku tenavettu." Pugazh remarked as he leaned on slab expanded from dressing table and picked the complementary chocolate from room for munching.

(You are too laid back because she agreed to marry you)

"Unaku gaandu, machan." Ashwin gave Pugazh a teasing grin

(You are jealous)

"Enaku edhuku da gaandu?"

(Why would I be?)

"Shivangi sonna. Edho Bharatanatyam dancer aame. Seetha va Preeta va"

(Shivangi told me about that classical dancer. Was it Seetha or Preetha?)

"Sitara da."

(Sitara)

Pugazh bit his tongue knowing he walked right into it. Pugazh had many friends and buddies who were like brothers, but his equation with Ashwin was always something Pugazh enjoyed. His other mates either looked up to him or down on him for the journey he had to reach the success. There is no one who forgot the tags Pugazh earned or discarded to see him as only him. Ashwin saw Pugazh for who he is. Maybe it was because they were connected by a common person who is so genuine that the other is obliged to see one in her eyes. With Ashwin, Pugazh knew he can be himself like how one is supposed to be with a guy friend.

"Konjananja aatama aadna? Epdi paakra ella ponnu kittayum flirt paneetu irunda. Ippo epdi oru ponnu kitta vandu sikkeruka paathaya? Naan ellam evlavo parawa illa."

(You were such a flirt, now look how whipped you are. I am better)

"Thambi, neenga ellam pesave kudadhu. Heroine kitta kooda naalu vartha sendha maari pesamateenga. Neenga advice panreengala." Pugazh tried to play nonchalant

(Dude, you wouldn't even talk to co-stars. We aren't same. I don't need your advice)

"Adhu vera, Machan. Manasuku pudicha ponna epdi madakarom, adhu dan matter. Innum..." Ashwin checked time in his watch. "Half an hour la naan love panra ponnu kooda engagement. Nee innum love kooda sollala illa?"

(That is different. Approaching girl you love is different league. Look at me, will be engaged to love of my life in half an hour)

"Enakum kalam varum da."