15

15

My book "Of hearts and love" will be available for free in Amazon for two days. Do download it for FREE and enjoy reading. Please leave feedback if possible.

Google : Of Hearts and Love by Ms.Lizzie amazon

Link of amazon IND added in profile

***

Showers of sky mingled with dried tears on her face as Shivangi stood in his bedroom balcony letting the cool air caress her. It was such a poetic justice to see the universe cry as rain to match one's mood. The cool breeze sent shivers down her spine and it for some reason bought her great comfort.

Ashwin's presence was only indicated through the light sound of his footsteps. He silently extended a cup to her. Shivangi would be grateful for any hot beverage that could warm her throat.

Wordless he stood in on corner of the balcony leaning over the railing as he fixed his eyes on her in a way that made her less conscious and more confident.

Shivangi cradled the hot cup in her hand as she seated on the chair with both her feet under her. She turned to her side to look at the view that balcony presented.

"Inga irundhu garden full ah teriyudhu." She commented

(You have full view of garden from here)

He hummed his answer as he gulped the liquid. "I wanted it that way. Morning pleasant ah arambikum."

(I wanted it that way. It will be pleasant to wake up to)

"Pool illaye?"

(You don't have a pool, do you?)

He chuckled humourlessly. If this is how she wants to be, then so be it.

"Garden or pool nu vandapa I chose garden. Konja naal kalichu, innum konjam sambarichitu, terrace la oru hot tub plan panlam nu iruken."

(I had to choose between pool and garden, so I chose garden. Later, when I have enough money, I might order for a hot tub to be placed in terrace.)

She nodded as she took a sip of the drink.

"Naan neraya kaasu vechu iruken. Adha enna panradhu nu teriyala. Ivlo naal appa amma kooda dana iruken, so perusa selavu illa."

(I have a lot of money. I don't know what to do with it. I have been with my parents, so didn't find any use for own money)

"I am sure you are richer than me."

Shivangi's lips twisted downside in uncertainty and nodded her head. "Maybe, but I don't think it matters to the society. Oru ponnuku evlo success, fame, name, money irundalum it is at the end of the day a patriarchal society."

(Maybe, but I don't think it matters to the society. Doesn't matter how rich, successful, famous or popular a woman is after all it is a patriarchal society)

Ashwin's hand paused in air when he was about to take another sip and he looked at her.

Sun raha hai na tu

Ro rahi hu main

Sun raha hai na tu

Kyun ro rahi hu main