5

5

Shivangi rolled her eyes as her parents took their own time admiring her and taking turns in clicking her picture.

"Amma late aachu!" Shivangi whined

(Mom, I am getting late)

"Iru. Nee inniku romba azhaga iruka. Naan photo pudichukiren."Her mother said straightening her phone.

(You are very pretty toady. Let me click some photos)

Shivangi had agreed to sing in a small function today. Usually she doesn't agree to sing for small gatherings, but her trustworthy coordinator vouched that it was a wonderful opportunity if she sings classical music in small crowd before she can in large ones. Shivangi has been thinking of venturing into classical music as that has been her parents' dream always. So, she reluctantly agreed.

Since it was all about tradition, Shivangi wore a purple silk saree and a green blouse to match it. Her mother saw this as an opportunity to dress her up like she always wants and in spite of Shivangi's protest made her wear jumkas, make up and round bindi.

Now, her parents, saying that they have never seen her so beautiful are clicking her picture in all possible angle.

"Amma, late aagudhu. Function 7 O' clock."

(Mom, function is at 7)

"Oru minute." Her mother convinced. "Oru full photo, okay? Namba pinne maapla paakum bodhu idhu avangaluku anupalam."

(One full length photo. We can use it to send to a suitor)

"Maapila paakareengala?" Shivangi asked shocked and glared at her parents. What is their new obsession with her marriage?

(Suitor?)

"Adhu future la paakanum illa." Her mother stood her ground.

(We will use in future)

Shivangi had enough, she picked her bag and phone before rushing out not paying heed to her parents' excuses.

Shivangi's coordinator had sent her an address and said it was only for an hour where Shivangi is expected to sing few devotional songs in the house warming of a new house where they are also inaugurating a small Lord Ganesh temple.

"Andha kovil kumbabishegam dan main. Neenga vinayagar paatu paadunga." Her coordinator advised her.

(It is a temple inauguration.You can sing Lord Ganesh songs)

Uber dropped her in front of a duplex house that was beautifully decorated with bright flowers. She spotted the said temple to the right of the gate where her coordinator was waiting for her.

"Late aaiducha?" Shivangi asked

(Am I late?)

Her coordinator assured her she was on time and took her to an elderly woman who was the owner of the house and insisted on booking Shivangi's gig.

"Vaa ma." The elderly woman greeted with bright smile and Shivangi was hit a wave of recognition though she couldn't clearly place where she had seen this woman.

(Welcome)

"Vanakam." Shivangi folded her hands in respect

(Hello!)

Shivangi was taken inside the house where she noted in spite of the grand decoration the place hardly had any guests.

"Innum guests yaarum varalaya?" Shivangi couldn't help but ask