20

20

15+ (Its nothing really, but still a rating to be politically correct) 

The minute Shivangi was ready and checked herself in the mirror, her first thought was, is it formal?

Ashwin only in the afternoon messaged her saying that he will be picking her up at 7 and for her to dress formal. For some reason, Shivangi's mind was stuck with what she was wearing currently and refused to think of an alternate. So, she went by her choice.

With only ten minutes left to 7 and knowing how punctual Ashwin is, Shivangi was developing cold feet. It is known fact that this was her first date in 26 years and she didn't know what to expect. Seemed like going on a date with him takes more courage than spending a night at his house, probably because this is the first normal couple thing they are going to do together.

Ashwin was tapping on the steering wheel incessantly without conscious thought of doing it. Until the horn blazed, he was not aware of what he was doing or that he was not in the present mortal world. Nobody can blame him though, not when the love of his life stood in front of him looking gorgeous.

If Shivangi thought she went overboard with Ink black saree in georgette with silver kundan work on the border and pallu matched with deep neck sleeveless blouse, then his reaction was all the assurance she needed. She can overlook that he even forgot to open the door for her making her stand in front of his car for full two minutes while he was gaping at her unabashedly. It was only the horn that bought him back to his senses.

"Hi!" Shivangi greeted with a shy smile once she settled inside the car after the gentleman held the door open for her and then returned to his seat. She only received a gulp from him as answer. He attempted to say something, but only lumps of air were released making Shivangi chuckle.

Ashwin swallowed hard trying to compose himself, before he whispered a "Hi".

He was still looking at her when Shivangi lifted her eyebrows and asked him "Polama?". He nodded, but didn't attempt to start the car.

(Shall we make a move?)

Shivangi bit her lower lip trying to hide her flush for this is the first time someone was openly admiring her looks. She pushed back the lean curls of hair that she spent an hour setting making her diamond stud shine brightly.

"Ashwin!" she tried calling his name

Ashwin threw his head back and shut his eyes tight as if he was trying to bring himself out of a mission. "Okay!" he murmured to himself. Turning to the front, he ignited the car, but didn't attempt moving it. He sighed deeply and the turned to her.

"Ne romba azhaga iruka." He confessed in the baritone that makes her weak on her knees. "Ennala vera edulayum concentrate panna mudiyum nu tonala."

(You look gorgeous. I don't think I can concentrate on anything)

Shivangi giggled at his flattery. Once she noticed his reaction, she realized he was telling the truth. Is it even possible someone can make a person feel so arrested?

"Appo enna pakadeenga."

(Don't look at me)

His eyes travel down from her face to rest of her before they returned to her eyes. "Moochu vidama kooda iruka sollu."

(I can do better if you ask me to stop breathing)

Shivangi rolled her eyes smacked his arms playfully for being irrationally obsequious. Ashwin used that moment to hold her hand in his.

Lonely Heartsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें