25

25

Rating : 15 + (Again, nothing really but just formality rating)

Shivangi thought she no more had obsession over her phone since she stopped being active in Social Media until Ashwin took her phone from her. Once she posted her picture in her Instagram account without photo courtesy and with caption 'Love you FanFam !', Ashwin removed her phone from her hand and put in his pocket.

"Nee reaction nenachu anxious aava. Let me have your phone until your stage rehearsal is over."

(You will get anxious about reaction. Let me have your phone until your stage rehearsal is over)

Shivangi did wonder how fans were reacting to her first candid, non professional photo after years. However, she controlled the temptation and concentrated only on her singing.

Later, once the stage rehearsal was over and she was about to leave, Ashwin's assistant informed her that Ashwin was waiting for her in his car. Shivangi easily spotted his car in lone corner of the parking and got in without grabbing any attention.

"Kelambeetaingala?" she asked as she closed the door behind her

(Are you leaving?)

"Veliya porom." He said with a secretive smile that she has not seen before.

(We are going out)

"Porom ah?" she frowned. "Enga?"

(We? Where?)

"Surprise!"

This made Shivangi more curious. Not that she doesn't like surprises, but she didn't know what to expect from Ashwin at this time. She checked her watch. "10 aachu."

(It is 10 PM)

"10 dan ma aachu." He remarked. "Kandipa night vettla vittarren. You deal with your parents and driver."

(Just 10 PM. I will definitely drop you home. You deal with your parents and driver.)

Shivangi dialled her parents and told them her rehearsal was extended and asked the driver to leave saying her friend will drop her home. She, then, turned to Ashwin who was grinning at her. It was so nice to see him very happy. This also made Shivangi more curious about the surprise.

"Enga porom?" she tried again.

(Where are we going?)

"Solla maaten." He said shifting the gear and starting the car. "In fact..." he said as if he realized something. "Nee kannu kattiko."

(It is a surprise. You close your eyes)

"Kannu?" Shivangi nodded. "So, silly. Adellam panna maaten."

(Eyes? So, silly. I will not do it)

"Please ma. Please." Ashwin implored. "Worthy surprise dan."

Shivangi was not convinced. There can be no worthy surprise that he could have planned in the two hours since she last spoke to him. However, she decided to humour him and tied her dupaatta around her eyes.

Ashwin smiled seeing her agree to his request.

"Naan unnna kadateetu poita enna pannuva?" he asked teasingly

(What if I kidnap you?)

"Oh! Enna kadateetu poi neenga enna pannuveenga?" she countered

(What will you do if you kidnap me?)

"Enna vena panlam." He tried to sound intimidating

(Whatever I want)

"Kadathamale panlam." Shivangi said and then bit her lower lip to control the blush formed at her insinuation.