14

14

Shivangi was gloomy and so was the night sky outside. The hurt flashed in his face after she told him she doesn't trust him with her heart is etched in her heart. She has always been this way with words, impulsive. Earlier, those unfiltered words used to be only her funny monologues. For the first time what she has said has hurt someone and it in turn made her upset. Out of all the people, it had to be him? Well, what to say, he brings out the best and worst in her.

"Anna." Shivangi looked at her driver through the mirror of the car. "Yen innum vandi edukala?" she just wanted to leave MM office and reach her bed soon so that she can sulk in peace.

(Why have you started the car yet?)

"Ashwin tambi vararu." Driver said signalling her to look behind.

(Ashwin is coming)

Yes, it was Ashwin. He changed into a different T-shirt from what he was practising, a duffel bag was thrown over his shoulder and he was jogging towards the car.

Shivangi rolled down the window as soon as Ashwin reached the car.

"En car illa. Drop panna mudiyuma?"

(I don't have car. Can you drop me?)

Shivangi nodded or she thinks she does. She was too occupied to know what she did. Minutes ago they shared such a heavy moment and now here he is asking her to drop him home casually.

Isn't he as affected as she thought him to be?

Ashwin threw his bag in the seat near her and perched in the passenger seat. Shivangi was secretly thankful for it. Sitting beside him in this state of mind isn't good for her hear. Who knows what she must have ended up doing?

Illayaraja songs that the driver religiously collects played in the car and it soothed and aggravated her soul equally.

Once they reached Ashwin's house, he got down, then opened the back door to collect his bag. That was when he made eye contact with her.

"Do you wanna come inside?" he asked

Shivangi's eyebrows furrowed. At this time? She didn't ask but her expression conveyed it. It was already half past nine. Was he being formal?

"For a cup of coffee maybe?"

Now Shivangi was sure he badly wanted her to come to his house and it is not formality. They both don't drink coffee. Him deliberately mentioning only means that he has something else to tell her.

"Anna, neenga inga wait pannunga." She told the driver. "Naan ulla poi avar amma va paathutu varen."

(Wait here. I will meet his mother and come back)

Ashwin opened the door with his finger print and entered the house. Shivangi followed him meekly. Their house is always quiet, but today it felt extra silent.

"Aunty toongi irupangala?" she asked

(Is aunty asleep?)

"Amma appa Coimbatore poi irukanga." He answered. She looked at him surprised. "Avangala airport drop panna dan car poi iruku."

(Parents have gone to coimbatore. They are being dropped in airport in my car)

Well, he didn't invite her in to meet his mother, of course, but Shivangi didn't think they will be alone in his house.

She was wondering what does he want when he took her hand. Shivangi looked between his hold on her hand and then at him. "Vaa." He said. "Yenga?" she asked. "En room ku."