27

27

Ashwin was jumpy on his feet, while Shivangi's feet was stuck to ground. This contrast amazed their old gang.

"Enna partner, tulli kitte iruka?" Sharath asked giving Ashiwn a look.

(Why are you jumpy, partner?)

Currently, most of the performances were over and the gang was catching up in the backstage with no will to call it a day already.

"Partner!!" Ashwin wrapped his arm around Sharath's shoulder. "Unna romba miss pannen. Inniku paatha happiness la iruken."

(Partner ! I missed you. I am so happy to see you after long time.)

Sharath eyed Ashwin suspiciously only to receive a huge grin from the latter.

On the other hand, Shivangi was scrutinized for her lost look.

"Ei, Shivangi, enga tolanjuta?" Sunitha asked poking her shoulder

(Shivangi, where are you lost?)

"Illa, ka, neenga pesanadhu dan ketutu irunden." Shivangi said, but couldn't hide the blush thinking about where her thoughts were.

(I was listening)

"Nee ennamo seri illa." Sunitha commented.

(I don't buy it)

Everyone loved how nothing has changed over years and they all could still feel the familiar familial love.

"Ini eppo ipdi paaka poromo." Deepa remarked

(When will meet again?)

"Ini enna? Ellathukum kalyana vayasu vandiruchu. Aduthu aduthu kalyanam dan. Adi kadi meet pannuvom." Kani smiled. "Inga parunga." She pointed at Shivangi and held her chin." Chellakutty ku already kalyana kala vanda maari iruka. Pala pala nu jolikara."

(Everyone is of marriageable age. Everyone will get married. So we will meet soon. Look how Sivaagi is glowing like bride already.)

"Aiyoo, akka, summa irunga." Shivangi flustered.

(Oh, don't say that)

"Enna aachu andha Australia maapila?" Mani questioned

(What happened to that Australian suitor)

"Avana ellam tangachi appove no solli devdas aakita." Pugazh jumped in with an answer so that it isn't awkward for Shivangi.

(She rejected him)

"Unaku eppo da kalyanam?" Shakila asked Pugazh

(When is your wedding?)

"Oru thaya neenga ipdi kekalama?" Pugazh started his dramatics. "Oru ponnu paathu katra taaliya nu sonna naan katta poren."

(As a mother you should have already found someone for me)

"Appo, unga Maylapore girlfriend enna aava, Mr.Pugazh?" Pavi teased

(What about that Maylapore girl you were seeing?)

"Anne!" Shivangi turned to Pugazh. "Andha Maylapore akka ippo anni ah ne?"

(Are you seeing her??)

"Deivame!" Pugazh held his hands together in plead. "Naan ippo dan pesi correct paneetu iruken. Nee edachu solli kedutharadha."

(I am just talking to her. Don't jinx)

It was so endearing to see the ever charmer actually fluster at the mention of a girl and the family had field day teasing him.