2

2

"Kulu Kulu venpani pole."

The song that played in the car that was taking Ashwin to the studio made his already brighter day jubilant.

So much good memories were associated with the song. To hear it today out of all the days almost sounded like poetic justice. If she was here today with him, she would have called it 'Kadavul Setting' smiling that unique smile behind which she hides her blush every time she looks at him.

Not for the first time Ashwin wondered what her reaction would have been if she was by his side at that moment. It has become constant in his life. To think about her, to think like her and to think her with him. These were the thoughts, her thoughts, which helped him survive the tough times.

How well he remembers her every single word and every single expression as if it had all happened just yesterday. They are all etched in his heart and will stay with him till his last breath.

"Ellarum ready." His manager announced as soon as Ashwin got out of the car. "Anirudh sir one hour la vanduruvanga. Namba padathula irundu oru single release pannuvom. Aduku munnadi neenga oru moonu performance paakanum, namba movie pathi pesanum. Avlo dan." Ashwin nodded absent minded, while he was wondering where she was.

(Everything is ready. Anirudh will be here soon. We will release a single from our movie after that. Meanwhile you will have to sit for couple of performances and talk about our movie. )

Ashwin hasn't met her or spoken to her in the past four years. It was an intentional decision from his part.

In the wake of increase in their popularity and shipping, negative impact fell on her and some of her friends. Ashwin was affected the least in all this, yet he didn't want things to continue the way they were.

As someone older and more mature, he felt moral obligation to do right by young and talented people who deserved to go more heights. He solely decided that the wisest thing to do would be to let her go no matter how impossible the task felt at that time. It was as if he had finally learnt to fly in this world and he was asked to cut his wings. But he knew he had to make this sacrifice for larger good for both of them.

Kaisee teri khudgarzee

Na dhoop chune na chhaanvKaisee teri khudgarzeeKisi thaur tike na paanv
How's this selfishness of yours,
that you don't take the sun, nor take the shade..
How's this selfishness of yours,
that your feet don't stay anywhere..

Ashwin knew it will hurt him the most. But, he has to do it if not for anyone else, then for her. Professionally and personally they both needed sanity and it could be achieved only by unbinding themselves from each other.

It was Ashwin's PR team who suggested him that best way to announce estrangement in the millennial world is by unfollowing a person on Instagram and he did exactly that.

Ban liyaa apnaa paighambar

Tar liyaa tu saat samandarPhir bhee sookhaa mann ke andarKyoon reh gaya
You've tried being your own god,
and crossed all seven seas,
Still, there is a draught within your heart,
Why is it so..

"Anda ponnuku endha problem-um vara kudadhu. Enna extra kooda bill pannikonga, aana anda ponnu-oda image melayum kannu irukatum. Yaarum oru vartha kooda tappa pesa koodadhu." This is what he told his team that day.

(She shouldn't face any problems. You can bill me extra, but keep an eye on her image. No one should say even a single negative comment about her.)