4

4

Ashwin jogged behind Shivangi calling her name, he could see that her steps had slowed, but she didn't stop. The shoot was wrapped and now she was in a hurry to leave the sets. Ashwin didn't even wait to send off Anirudh, but ran behind her.

"Shivaangi ma, please." That seemed to have done the trick and she stopped in her tracks. At least something still affected her.

Only when Ashwin stood in front of her that he realized he didn't know what he wanted to say to her. After the song she sang, he was transported to new world. He forgot where he was and kept reminiscing their old times. He just had to talk to her, but didn't know where to start.

When he stood blankly not speaking, Shivangi asked "Enna venum?"

(What do you want?)

"Epdi ma iruka?"

(How are you?)

She shook her head in disbelief that after all these years this is what he wanted to ask.

"Romba nalla iruken. Santhoshama iruken." It for some reason felt like a taunt rather than a genuine answer.

(I am good. Very happy)

"Naan un paatu ellame ketruken. Ne romba..."

(I have heard your songs. You are...)

"Public platform la dan ella paatum iruku" she cut him, " Yaar venalum kekalam. "

(It is in public platform. I am sure many have heard it)

Ashwin sighed deeply. He deserved this, didn't he? It was him who brought them to this stage.

"Unaku en mela kovam iruku nu enakau teriyum. Naan namba nalladhukaga..."

( I know you are angry. I did it for us...)

"Enaku romba nalladhu nadandiruku. Thank you so much." Once again she interrupted his talks and once again it felt like a taunt.

(Good things have happened to me.)

It was as if she had no patience to talk to him. A complete contrast to the girl who used every single opportunity to gush about him even when he was not present.

Ashwin found himself dumbfounded unable to decide what to speak to her. He very well knew he was at wrong. All he wanted was a chance to repent.

Shivangi was about to walk away when sudden noise of people walking outside caught their attention. Anirudh was trotting to his car followed by a clique, but he stopped seeing Ashwin and Shivangi. He waved and walked towards them.

"Enna hero sir paatu ellam okay va?" he asked patting Ashwin's shoulder

(How have the songs come out,hero?)

Ashwin tried to give a diplomatic smile hiding the turmoil he is in. "Neenga panna super ah dana irukum."

(Your music is always good.)

"Apdiya?" Anirudh asked in mock surprise. "Neenga dan apdi solreenga. Madam naan paada sonnadhuku date illa nu sollitanga."

(Really! You like the music, but madam said she doesn't have dates when I asked her to sing.)

Shivangi who was lost in her own thoughts straightened herself only when Anirudh looked at her.

"Shivangi inniku release panna melody neenga paadi irundha innum super ah irundirukum."

(Shivangi you should have sung the song that was released today. It would have been good.)

Shivangi smiled at the popular music director who gave her three super hit songs. "Nejamave dates illa sir. Mumbai poiten oru hindi paatu ku." She caught