Chapter Thirty-One: Getting Them Back

"You will have to take a car to get there but you could make it in time."

I know what I have to do, it is clear as day. But how?

I don't have a license. I can't get there!

Again, I find myself running away. I sprint down towards the SEC vehicles. I may not have a license but I know someone who does. 

"Lily!" I scream.

She's standing alone, gathering Majesty's tack. Lily looks up in fright and takes a breath when she realizes it is only me. 

"You made me jump out of my skin!" she cries in laughter.

When she realizes I'm not sharing the laugh, she stops.

"Maddie, what's wrong?"

"I need you to drive me somewhere," I explain, my breathing heavy.

"How do you need to be driven somwhere?" I hear Georgia laugh.

I watch as Sophie and the royal queen herself approach Lily and I.

"Where do you need to go?"

"Georgia I don't need you right now! But if you must know I found out where they are keeping the horses."

The three girls go silent. For a second I think they may never talk again. 

Yeah right

"Wait," Georgia starts, wrapping her arms around herself. "You know where Aviation is?"

 "Yes!"

Lily adjusts the tack in her hands. "Well... where are they?"

"Somewhere called Little Marley Beach. It was Jess working with the horse thieves all along that's how I know," I say.

"Oh my God," Sophie whispers to herself.

"Lily, can you please take me there?" I stress.

"Maddie, I don't have my P's yet," Lily stutters. "And my jump round is very soon."

I throw my head back with a sigh.

Time is running out.

"I'm sorry okay! I wish I could help."

"What's going?"

Will and Alex are approaching us. Will is dressed in casual clothes while Alex is in a grey show coat. 

"Maddie knows where the horses are but can't get there," Georgia states with an eye roll.

"What!" the boys shout in unison.

"It was Jess all along," I explain. "Please, Lily!"

Her face is full of panic. "I-I."

"Don't worry I can take you," Will says.

I look at Will. "Seriously?"

He shrugs. "I have my license so sure. Anything to save the horses."

"What about your jump round?" Georgia asks.

"Already done. Romeo and I did well but who am I kidding; I won't make the team if Boy Wonder here is riding," jokes Will, giving Alex a shrug with his elbow.

Alex scowls. 

"Thank you, Will!" I shriek.

Lily's face stops turning green as she gently places Majesty's tack on the ground and runs up and up and kisses Will. She has to stand on her tiptoes to reach him.