Chapter Twenty-Six: Party Time

|Lol another longggg and cringey chapter coming up|

A week has flown by at SEC since Aviaition's theft. It has been like a dark cloud has been sitting over the tops of each of our heads. The feeling of being watched is constantly sending shivers down everyone's spines.

Lessons have been canceled to keep the horses as safe as possible. Police cars have been in and out nonstop and a patrol has been placed outside SEC permanently.

The first of July is finally upon us which is the day of the Winter Ball. I am still heavily against it but it seems to have brightened up many of the competition riders' lives. Including Georgia's.

We are two hours out from the event starting. According to Sarah, only teenagers are allowed to attend this year as Antonio doesn't want to endanger any little kids. That was the first smart decision he has made and one I can actually get behind.

For some reason though Jess and Antonio decided that it would be best not to have the patrol tonight.

I'm rummaging through Lily's makeup bag, trying to find her blush. For a girl who doesn't wear a lot of makeup, she sure does own a lot of it.

"Yes!" I cry. "I found it!"

"Took you long enough," huffs Lily, applying her mascara on in the mirror.

I hand it over to her when suddenly a frantic Sarah burst through our door. Her hair is perfectly straight and hangs down to her waist. She already has a pretty sky blue dress on and is holding up heels.

"Lily?" she pants. "Katy is bossing me around. Do you have those white chunky boots? Katy wants to wear them."

Lily sighs. "Of course she does," she mutters to herself. "They are in the cupboard."

"Thanks," Sarah sighs. "Question, Maddie?"

Sarah bends down to the storage boxes in Lily and I's cupboard and starts rummaging.

"Yes?"

"What are you going to wear?"

Err. 

"Oh, I don't have any dresses here so I haven't quite worked that out."

"What?" scream Lily and Sarah in unison.

They startle me with their reaction. I didn't know this was Earth-shattering news.

"Yeah, I didn't think I needed one here," I reply.

"Aww, you poor sweet thing," Lily says, with a hand on her heart.

I roll my eyes.

"You have to wear a dress! A really pretty one," Sarah shrieks. 

She stands up from the cupboard, Katy's shoes in hand, and says, "I'm sure Ella has something you can wear!"

Sarah dashes out of the room.

"I really don't need a dress it is the 21st Century!" I call after her.

"Don't listen to her, Sarah. Try and get your hands on that green body-con dress she has!" Lily yells.

I fold my arms. "I don't need a dress."

Lily smirks. "I'm going to make you look beautiful."

I turn and flop down on my bed.

"But second question," Lily continues. "Why have you been living in Alex's hoodie?"

What? 

I can feel my cheeks start flooding with heat.

"What do you mean?"