chapter nine: captured

Suddenly, a young, odd-looking spider emerged from the ground just behind the Ring. The spider's legs pushed the Ring aside as the spider crawled towards Bilbo. Bilbo looked at it angrily, then rushed at it with his sword raised, yelling all the way. He began to hack at the spider in a berserk manner, hacking and slicing all over the place whilst the dwarves still fought the spiders.

Bilbo continued hacking wildly at the spider, slicing off limbs, feelers, and more. He stuck his sword in its throat, ripping it out, then jumped and stabbed the spider through the head and into the ground. As the spider fell, Bilbo panted heavily. He grabbed the Ring off the ground, then held it up and showed it to the dead spider. "Mine!" He whispered as he smirked to himself. He sat down and examined the Ring; as he gazed on it, the enormity of what he has just down dawned on him, and he looked shocked. He looked down and saw all the spiderwebs and gore on himself. He covered his mouth in shame and disgustedness. He was about to put the ring away when he heard a noise. The dwarves defeated their spiders, and were running through the forest. More spiders jumped down on threads of silk in front of the dwarves and hissed at them.

There's a wet 'thuck' and the spider rears back, shrieking in agony. An arrow protruded from one of its eyes, embedded so far that it will likely never come loose. The deceased spider's companions lurch forwards, but are pushed back by a quick succession of arrows. The second spider falls quickly, and the third has enough time to turn and start scurrying away before it too is slain. A figure appears out of the trees along with a few others. A female elf with long blonde hair emerged and shot another arrow at a nearby spider which had just come up behind Thorin.

Suddenly one of the spiders landed in front of the dwarves, as more spiders start to descend suddenly Legolas appeared along with the others, that's when the Wood Elves used their arrows to kill the spiders, after which they point their arrows at the dwarves. "Do not think I won't kill you, Dwarf. It would be my pleasure." Suddenly they heard someone screaming for help, Fili turned. "Kili!" He shouted as his brother was being attacked by a pack of spiders. A female elf, Tauriel, swung in and started killing the spiders, Kili yelled to her, "Throw me a dagger! Quick!"

"If you think I'm giving you a weapon, Dwarf, you are mistaken!" As she killed the spider she was fighting with she quickly turns and throws her dagger at the spider that was about to kill Kili which killed it. As the elves surround the dwarves the arrows still pointing at the dwarfs who were now surrounded. "one broken bone for every twig snapped underfoot. What are you doing in our land?" The female blonde elf demanded. No answered until Legolas started shouting commands. "Search them!" Legolas took a locket from Gloin, showing a picture of his wife and son. "Hey, give it back! That's private!" He shouted whilst looking at one of the pictures. "Who is this? Your brother?"

"That is my wife!" Gloin shouted as Legolas continued to look at the other picture. "And what is this horrid creature? A Goblin Mutant?" Gloin gritted his teeth, "That's my wee lad, Gimli!" Another elf took Fili's weapons and he reluctantly handed over his sword. Legolas turns to his sister as she joined them. "Are the spiders dead?" His sister nodded quickly, whilst changing glances with Thorin and his company. "Yes, but more will come. They're growing bolder. You know that." She replied. One of the elves handed Legolas Thorin's sword. "This is an ancient Elvish blade. Forged by my kin." He said to Thorin. "Where did you get this?" He demanded. "It was given to me." Legolas pointed the edge of the sword at Thorin, his sister used her hand to lower the sword. Legolas gave his sister a look and she shook her head and gave him a stern look. "Father will want him alive.." She then held her hand onto her side from where she had been shot at just two weeks prior.

Legolas turned to face Thorin again, "Not just a thief, but a liar as well." Legolas called to his elves to lead the dwarves away. "Thorin, where's Bilbo?" Thorin turned to look behind him. The dwarves were taken to the Wood Elves' kingdom.  "Holo in ennyn!" (Close the gates)