20

Jungkook ~ May 16, 2019

Jeon Jungkook. A name smacked into every article's title that week. One week before a life changing game that was going to determine my future. Every match was important to me, to some extent, but the upcoming one stood above all the games I'd faced so far. It was the same level as the Olympics, but less hyped up to the world, only to the boxing industry.

Thanks God I found a source of peace in my life. If I wasn't punching the bag, or having practice sparrings with Namjoon, I was with Eunbi. She kept me sane while I was forgetting that I had enough skill to win the belt. She kept me distracted and in a magically good mood all the time.

From the last kiss, I was a walking ray of sunshine. A piece of rainbow in a human form. Overjoyed about every little thing. Not only the kiss, but the tattoo. And the fact that she felt the same, and I didn't even need to hear it to know. Feeling her pull me closer, run her fingers through my hair, or her eyes locking with mine was quite enough.

"I'm just saying..." I leaned forward, legs straight and flat on the floor of my living room, and reached for my toes. "If he knocks me out, I'm ripping my hair out."

"Aren't you overreacting a bit?" Eunbi, curled into a ball on the couch, gave a teasing smile, as she searched for a no-blood-and-scary-faces movie for the evening.

I pulled one of my legs back to create a double 90 degree angle with my legs, and stretched my hamstrings further. "Have you seen that monster?"

"And have you seen that guy, Jeon Jungkook? He's like... the best boxer in the world right now. There is literally no one who can beat him," Eunbi said, curving my lips. She giggled, ditching the TV to focus on me.

"You're saying this because you're tired of my whining," I said, but not all serious anymore. She said what she really thought, and having her believe in me was putting a lot more peace into my tense body.

"I'm saying this, because it's true. You know what you're doing, Jungkook. You've done that times and times again. Stop treating that guy like you're fighting Cratos. I watched videos of him, and you're million times better."

"Or..." I grinned on my way to the couch. Closing the gap between us, I threw my arm around her shoulders, and locked our eyes. Fluttering heart was the most pleasant kind of tension I could be in. "You like me so much that in your eyes I'm the best."

The silence confirmed it. She had no idea how to determine who was or wasn't good at boxing, but she always said the same thing. You are the best. And hell, I felt the best. I felt like a champion every time she called me one.

"To me you are the best," she said. "But it doesn't change the fact that you're putting him on the pedestal for no reason, and make this fight harder than it will be."

I couldn't argue with that. "That's true. I'm just... stressed. There is a lot of pressure everywhere," I said, dropping my gaze, but staying close. "I care too much about it and I'm worried it will just... mess everything up."

"What would take your mind off of it? So that you can once and for good decide you're gonna win, and stop thinking about it?" Eunbi asked, placing her fingers on my cheeks. Her thumb dropped to my lips, brushing along it. I didn't tell her she was the answer, because she knew. Pressing a kiss on the pad of her thumb, I pulled her palm down, and leaned in for a kiss.

Feeling her lips slowed down the time, and brought me out of my head. Not only then, but every time. Kissing her felt luxurious, and so awaited that I had to be there and then, fully, not to miss any second. Kissing her felt like tasting ice cream. So sweet, beautiful, and ideal in this not-so-ideal world.