13

Jungkook ~ April 16, 2019

The past four days were different. Softer, more closed off, but not between me and Eunbi. Me and Eunbi closed off to the world. Like there was only us, and a bubble around us to give us enough space to get closer. We didn't see each other during the weekend, as I found out she was working as a waitress, too, but we texted all day long – on Saturday and Sunday. Part of it was a lighthearted chat about anything that popped in our heads, and another part scratched deeper levels that we finished off when we saw each other.

And then, two days at college, it was just me and her all the time. In classes, during breaks, after school. No one even questioned it, it was obvious we craved more and more time with each other. We just stayed together, like no amount of time together was enough. It wasn't for me. The more I got, the more I wanted. One minute made me crave two more.

And that day, when my coach called off our afternoon practice, Eunbi said we could hang out at her place. I had nothing against spending more time alone with her, in the comfort of the four walls, without anyone witnessing the bond growing between is.

"You live alone here?" I asked, when she led me into a small, but cute kitchen – with a pink toaster, white furniture, a bouquet of tulips in a vase on the counter, and two shelves with nothing but pink decorations – plant pots, candles, mugs.

"No, I have a roommate. But she's quite anti-social so you won't meet her."

We had a bag of snacks bought on our ride from school, Eunbi made two coffees, and we took it to her room. It wasn't even a surprise to me that most of the things had something to do with marine life. "It's official. You're obsessed," I said, but didn't really mind it. It was one of my favorite things about her.

"I am. Absolutely," she said, leaving her bag on a chair.

Two walls were white, two navy blue. A bed on the right, by the window, and a desk on the left. Her bed sheets had blue and white stripes, a pillow with dolphin print was a must, and three wooden starfish hanged above it. On the nightstand by the bed laid three books, and a small sailboat on top of them.

"I make my stickers and other things I sell there," she said, pointing at a small table by the desk. It had a printer, a lot of paper sheets with doodles and sketches, and a box of big envelopes by the leg.

"I don't know how you made it, but your room is one of the most comfortable places I've been too," I said, lying on the bed like it was my home.

"It's the sea vibe, trust me," she said, sitting next to me with a vegan peanut butter bar unwrapped, and placed the bag with snacks on my stomach. "I'd be good to be a sailor. But..." A pause for a bite. "Without all these things to do. Just sail and look at the sea."

I laughed, fishing out a bag of salted roasted peanuts. "Idea is great, but in all honesty... what do you wanna do? You know, as a career? Do you know?"

Eunbi pulled the plastic wrap lower, busying her eyes with the bar, and let out a chuckle. "I do, but... I don't think it's possible."

"What do you mean? Everything is possible. What do you wanna do?" I asked, tearing the bag open, and throwing half of it into my mouth.

"You're gonna choke if you eat like that," she said.

"I like choking," I joked, unsure if the level of our friendship with inappropriate jokes was unlocked.

"You look like the type to get choked," she said, smirking playfully, opposite to what I expected. Better than I expected.

But it wasn't time for inappropriate jokes. "Don't change the topic. I asked what you wanna do."