10

Jungkook ~ April 3, 2019

So, I had ten minutes to shower, get dressed, and get to school before the beginning of the last class. I would have normally practiced after college, but the coach called us earlier as he had some business matters in another city, and skipping a practice for the sake of school was not an option. I would skip the last class, to make my life easier, but there was an issue. Two, actually. The one I cared about, and the one I didn't care about.

I had to present my 'mini portfolio' in order to pass the subject. But it wasn't that important. Also, Eunbi was supposed to present hers, and I wanted to see it. Her sketchbook got me so hooked that seeing more of her art was a need, not a want.

"Where are you rushing like that?" Jimin asked, when they walked into the locker room. I was already showered, water dripping from my hair to my back and shoulders, putting on my pants and shoes.

"School," I said. "I will fail if I don't get to the next class." They didn't need to know more. I had enough of teasing.

"And I hoped we would interrogate you about your friend." Yoongi sighed, and I'd never heard a sound as fake and forced.

"Fuck you all." I laughed, running the towel over my hair one more time, and threw it onto the bench. "Clean after me, thanks." Before they got to complain, or punch me, I was out of the club.

A quick check to make sure I had everything I needed in the backseat, and I sped out of the car on the school's parking lot. I had a genius plan for that day, for me and Eunbi, and I felt like a walking beehive since morning. I pulled it straight out of a rom-com, and actually had it romance-fanatics approved (I asked on a forum online. My only real life sources were Namjoon and Yoongi, and that was a no-no).

I ran through the empty halls, five minutes after the class began, hoping she hadn't presented yet. How relieved I was when I walked through the door to meet the teacher still talking about the rules of passing the subject. I bowed, without making much noise, and ran to the last empty spot. Next to Eunbi, as always.

"Hey," I whispered, sliding onto the chair.

"Right on time." Eunbi chuckled. She clutched onto her pile of drawings so tight she was about to wrinkle them into dried apricots.

"Relax, you'll mess up your work," I said, tapping on her palm.

"Right, yeah, I'm stressed," she mumbled, intertwining her fingers on top of the table. "What about you?"

"I'm cool, I am not really concerned about the grade. Just wanna pass."

"I wish I had you attitude," she said, chuckling as she finally let her shoulders down. Eunbi looked at me, tilting her head. "Is it your new style? Wet hair? Are you trying to be hot?"

I grinned, now finding her teasing friendly and something that actually made us closer. Through being enemies, we grew so comfortable with saying anythinh and everything to one another that there was no awkwardness between us when the relationship shifted to the other side. "I don't have to try."

"Of course you'd say that." She sighed.

"I had an early practice."

"You should've taken me with you. Punching a bag would be useful today."

"You'll do great, relax." I chuckled. "You know your work is amazing."

"Yeah, but presenting it is not. I don't like it."

"Then look at me, not the rest. You don't seem stressed when you talk to me," I offered, surprising myself. I was really going through a fucking metamorphosis, saying things the old Jungkook would punch me for.