2

EUNBI 

March 7, 2019

"Fourth pair. Kim Taehyung. Kim Yewon. Fifth pair. Jeon Jungkook. Jung Eunbi."

We looked at each other, waited five seconds for dissatisfaction to peak, and rolled our eyes at the same time. As for people who despised each other, we did it way too often and our synchronization was way too flawless.

It must have been my punishment for something, to be always paired with this asshole. He was so wrong to believe that because he was famous and successful, he could behave like a king, superior to everyone around. I always tried to avoid him, but coincidence was stronger than my trials, and he ended up being the first person in top five people I interacted with the most.

I hated everything that could be done with him, but sports classes were a complete disaster. He was always an asshole, but if it involved sports, he was an unbearable asshole.

The teacher blew the whistle to silence everyone, and we gathered in front of her. Jungkook stood next to me, but far enough to not make our arms touch. We threw sneaky glances at each other, making annoyed faces. At least he hated me just as much as I hated him.

"Jeon, Jung. You will be flirting later. Now focus," Miss Jang said. They were probably supposed to laugh. No one would dare, whether Jungkook was around or not. The word would get to him, that someone laughted at a joke about him, and he'd act like the world committed a crime against him.

"We are not flirting, miss," he said, right after making a disgusted face to show everyone that even the idea of it was unacceptable.

"Whatever," she mumbled, one more time blowing the whistle. "Here are the rules of today's exercise. Boys on one side of the net, girls on the other. You stand in pairs I assigned. Boys have odd numbers, girls even. Number one gets the ball, passes over the net to number two. Number two passes to number three. Three to four, and you repeat that until everyone touched the ball. If you fail to touch it, or pass it over the net to the next person, the entire side of the net loses. Winners get good marks, losers leave with nothing."

I never understood why sports classes in college were so intense and serious.

I only attended because I had to get a mark. If I could avoid the experience of professional athlete Jungkook bossing everyone around, I would. I wasn't the only one he despised. He despised everyone, and everything, and never failed to show it. But I was the only one who gave him back what he put out. Other people were afraid of him, for some reason. Maybe because they saw him in action, and I never saw a single match of his. I wasn't willing to check it out. He was just a spoiled brat, and whether he was good or bad at boxing didn't bother me.

"Put some effort into it, would you?" He told me before we started. I had a (dis)honour of passing the ball to Jungkook. I was a weak 4'11, while he had an additional foot to make it easier for him to pass the ball over the net.

"Take the stick out of your ass, would you?"

I was not in a mood to start a fight with him because I didn't manage to 'pass him the ball well' so I asked the teacher to lower the net.

The exercise went on for six rounds without a fail, until it was Taejoon's turn to pass me the ball. He zoned out, and woke up last minute, hitting the net. The ball bounced off of the ground on the boys' side, along with a bunch of groans coming from them. Most of them would just give a whine and forget, laughing around with Taejoon a minute later.

All of them but one, overly passionate professional athlete. He was not a fan of losing, and it made an appearance as another point on the list of reasons why I disliked Jungkook. With dislike being a really polite way to describe my attitude towards him.