Chapter 34

Adrien

He found her asleep in front of his locker, curled up on the floor. He was suprised she had actually made it through the day, and annoyed that she had ignored every time he told her to go home. He even offered to take her or call her mom, but she constantly declined. He quickly stripped out of his uniform, putting it in the duffle bag. He crouched down in front of her, brushing her hair out of her face.

"Marinette, wake up."

She didn't stir at all, so he gently shook her. Her eyes shot open, and she sat up.

"Why am I on the floor?"

He sighed, helping her up.

"Hopefully you just laid down."

She leaned back against his locker, and he shook his head.

"I need to get my stuff Mari."

She pouted, and he grinned. That looked so cute on her. She stumbled to the bench, plopping down.

"Did you eat anything today?"

He asked, opening the locker and grabbing his bag.

"I wasn't hungry."

He shook his head, closing his locker and turning to her.

"Have you taken any medication?"

She narrowed her eyes at him, and slowly shook her head side to side.

"Medication is for sick people."
"Don't start that crap again. You are."

She was still wearing his hoodie, so she was probably still cold. She stood up, and they walked out of the locker room. Her movements were slow and stiff. He watched her the entire time they walked to the car, luckily she didn't trip. She looked dazed though. He opened her door for her, and she crawled in, curling up in the seat. He didn't say anything, just closed the door and got in. She couldn't hide this from her mom.

"Can you put your seatbelt on?"

She shook her head, and he leaned over, trying to make her sit up.

"At least put it around your waist and you can lay back down."

She whined, but sat up. He quickly buckled it, and she laid her head down against the door. He drove to the bakery, watching her most of the way. She kept dozing off. He got out and grabbed her school bag, opening her door gently. She looked like she might cry.

"You okay?"
"I'm fine."

She snapped, unbuckling and getting out. The second her feet touched the ground she stiffened, her hand darting out and grabbing his shirt. Her eyes looked so empty, focused on his chest.

"Marinette?"

She grimaced, and her grip started to loosen as her knees buckled. He grabbed her before she hit the ground, using the car to keep them steady.

"Talk to me. What's wrong?"

She blinked, pulling herself back up.

"I just stood up too fast."
"Did you black out?"

She pulled away from him, shaking her head. She was staring at the ground, and he fought off the annoyance creeping into his skin.

"Liar."

She flinched at the word, and looked up at him.

"Watch your mouth."

She threatened, and he closed the door.