Ch. 40 - Déjà Vu

Start from the beginning

"Jamie, I-" Justin burst into my room and paused to look at my position, his hand still on the doorknob. "A-are you okay?"

I struggled to lift my head up and when I finally succeeded, my eyes met his. "Yeah... I'm just tired.." I said, rubbing my eyes. I have no idea where the sudden tiredness came from, I just know that laying in bed is like the best thing ever right now.

"Jamie..." he sighed, his hand dropping from the doorknob. "Do you want me to stay here?"

"Not really. I feel like I'll just bore you. All I'm doing is watching reruns of shows we've seen before," I shrugged, finally sitting up.

"I'm never bored when I'm with you," he said.

"That's a lie," I added, and he was silent for a moment.

After a while, he began to speak again, "It's different if we're bored together than if we're just bored being with each other."

"I guess..." I murmured, falling back onto the bed again. I looked up at the white ceiling and crossed my arms. Soon enough, I felt the bed lower as extra weight was added and soft hands made contact with my body. I looked down to see Justin crawling on top of me, only to finally wrap his arms around me.

He leaned in close to my face and kissed my cheek slowly, relaxing me. "I wanted to ask you something," he whispered in my ear. His husky voice made my heart flutter and I reached out to run a hand through his hair.

"Just ask," I prompted, twirling strands of his hair around my index finger. His lips remained hovering my cheek as the feel of his breath was making me feel better for some reason.

"Okay.. Well... Umm, I was wondering if you'd like to go with me to the ice rink we always used to go to when we were little," he said, and the minute he mentioned the ice rink, memories of us playing hockey and skating around after school flashed through my head. I subconsciously let out a smile as I looked down to stare in his eyes.

"Are you asking me out?" I questioned.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"On a date?"

"Yes."

"Our first real, official date?"

"That is correct."

My smile widened. "Well I'd love to go with you," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. I pulled him towards me just a bit so that his hovering lips could crash against my cheek and I turned my head so that our lips now met and I kissed him softly. I felt his lips kissing me back as I ran a hand through his hair. A few seconds later he pulled away to look at me.

"And I love you," he smiled.