Runnin' With The Devil

Start from the beginning

The night went by quickly and without any dreams. I looked around the room until I saw the alarm clock next to my bed. The numbers weren't distorted, meaning that I was not back in lucid dream land.

I then noticed an arm wrapped around me and I turned to look the other way to see Sam passed out, laying on his stomach. Dean, meanwhile, was passed out on the chair near the table, snoring really loudly.

Sam stirred next to me, slowly opening up his eyes.

"Hey," I said with a little smile.

"Hey," he said in his husky morning voice.

"When did you and Dean pass out?" I asked.

"Not too long after you did," he said, "Though...where is Dean? I don't see him in his bed."

I gave a mischievous smirk and nodded over to where Dean was. Sam looked back at me, looking confused at my grin.

"Payback's a bitch. Watch what happens when you try to wake me up with a phone book."

"You're still on that?" he said.

"Yes, because I was waiting for the perfect time to get my revenge," I said.

Sam just rolled his eyes but unwrapped himself from me. I tip toed over to where Dean was. I stopped in my tracks when I saw him stir a bit, but he immediately went back to snoring.

I went to one side of the chair as I didn't want to push him forward and give him a concussion. I may have wanted revenge, but I wanted it to result in very little injuries.

Dean's a big guy, but I managed to tip the chair over as gravity did the rest of the work. He fell onto the floor and I heard a startled gasp coming from him. He quickly turned around on his back, ready to fight at whatever knocked him over, but once he saw that it was just me, Dean just groaned in annoyance while I laughed.

"Rise and shine, Dean!" I shouted.

"The hell..." he groaned again.

"That's what you get for slamming a phone book next to my ear!"

"What...you're still on that?" Dean said.

"I sure am! I was waiting for the right time to get payback..."

Dean got up and looked over at Sam, who just shrugged as if saying "What do you want me to do about it."

"Anyways....have you boys found anything new yet?"

The atmosphere in the air immediately changed after I asked that question, and it isn't from my powers. Dean's mood shifted from annoyance from my little prank to sadness on what he was about to tell me, and while I couldn't tell what Sam was feeling, from the look in his eyes, a hint of sadness was present.

"As a matter of fact, we did," Dean said, "We started going a bit more backwards in the time line to see if there was any strange death that occurrd before Freddy Krueger wannabe started their little fun. Well...what we found...it just...gets dark."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Sam put his hand on my shoulder, almost like he was comforting me before I was about to get the worse news possible. Dean handed me the newspaper clipping.

It was an obituary...for a 14 year old boy.

The Brown family is currently mourning the loss of their beloved son, Nathan.
Nathan was found in his home last week, barely conscious from a self inflected gunshot wound in his head. He was rushed to the nearest hospital before being pronounced dead. A public viewing service will be held this Sunday.