hand in hand | four

Talia sat on her bed, staring down at her phone as simon typed his response.

It was their first day back at school and Simon promised he'd walk with her. Hoping he would be able to bring up the kiss from the previous Saturday.

Talia wouldn't say she didnt enjoy it, she would definitely do it again. Any chance for her to kiss his soft lips again. But that just felt her head more scrambled than before.

Her thoughts were soon to be interrupted by a ping from her phone,followed my a loud knock echoing through the house.

She scurried around her room, reading the message.

Si<3
I'm here :)

She smiled to herself, jogging down the stairs. The tapping of her shoes following behind her.

She peeked out the kitchen window to see simon, rubbing his sweaty palms on the backs of his trousers.

She giggles at his awkwardness before running to the door. She picked up the key, feeling the coldness in her hand, she placed it into the lock of the door.

She was greeted by a tall blonde, a grin planted on his face, his lanky arms welcoming a warm hug.

She gladly accepted,falling into the comfort of his arms that fell around her lower back. A soft silence between them.

----

They walked side by side, hands occasionally brushing against each other, awkwardly pulling their hands away and either pretend to fiddle with their fingers or even "crack their knuckes."

Talia felt a wave of confidence run through her body, she laced her fingers in with his. She watched a smile spread across his face as they continued their walk in a comfortable silence.

Edging nearer to the school they attended on an almost daily basis, they broke their hands away from each other. Missing the warmth of each others hands.

----

I'm not too sure how I'm going to let this book pan out but I have a few ideas. Not 100% sure if I'll follow through with them yet.