epilogue

~ A YEAR LATER ~

~ A YEAR LATER ~

At Doyoung and Jaehyun's house

~

"Come in from the cold and grab a hot chocolate from the kitchen!"

Jaemin barely manages to shrug off his snow-covered coat before he's being attacked, Donghyuck flinging himself at Jaemin, who just manages to catch him in time. As they both stumble back, bright smiles on their faces, it's Jeno that steadies them both, his hands on Jaemin's waist.

"You both came!" Donghyuck cheers, placing an enthusiastic kiss on Jaemin's cheek as he hugs his best friend tightly. They hadn't seen each other for a few weeks. After he's smothered Jaemin, Donghyuck then separates them as he gives Jeno a warm hug.

"I hope we're not too late", Jeno apologises, to which Donghyuck just shakes his head, pulling away from the boy as he takes in the sight of his two friends, just so happy they're here.

"We're still waiting on Nurse Moon- I mean, Taeil" Mark corrects himself, joining his boyfriend and two friends at the door, two hot chocolates in his hands for the newcomers, "Taeyong and Johnny have only just arrived too"

Jeno and Jaemin take the warm drinks with thanks, the icy cold of the outside still clinging onto their skin. The snow was beautiful to look at, but it was brutal to be caught in the middle of.

It was mid-December and Christmas was just around the corner. With Hogwarts on Christmas break, it was the perfect time to get everyone together again to catch up.

"Chenle and Jisung are in the kitchen getting their drinks", Mark informs the group, his hand snaking around Donghyuck's body to rest on his hip, "And Yukhei and Renjun are with Doyoung, Jaehyun, Taeyong and Johnny."

At that, Jaemin raises an eyebrow, "Did Yukhei and Renjun come together?"

The grin on Donghyuck's face answers his question.

Renjun and Yukhei had been hanging out a lot over the past year, but whenever either Jaemin or Donghyuck asked Renjun about it, he got incredibly vague, preferring to talk about his continued study of astronomy. Something was growing between them, but neither boy pushed him to answer, knowing he'll do so when he's ready.

"Anyway", Mark announces, "Let's go save them from the oldies."

The four of them make their way through Doyoung and Jaehyun's hallway, passing by the kitchen and heading into the lounge where the rest of their friends were seated. The room held a warm glow with the fireplace crackling and snapping. If that wasn't enough, there were strings of fairy lights draped over the walls, accompanying the holly and pine cone garlands. The warmth was a complete contrast to what lay outside these four walls.

Donghyuck beamed at his brother as he sat down on the carpet, surrounded by soft rugs and blankets. This cosy ambience had been foreign to them for so many years. Christmas wasn't celebrated in their old house, not like this.