Chapter 33

"AAAAHHHHH!"

"AAAAHHHHH!"

"What is- OH FUDGE FLIES!"

"Haha! Look up there!"

From his perch at the top of one of the moving staircases, Donghyuck grins like the Cheshire cat, watching as his chaos unfolds down below.

To celebrate his return, Donghyuck had unleashed one of his favourite spells that he had practised over the summer at Mark's house. He made quick work of the spell to turn all staircases into slides; however, just to add a bit more... flavour, this time, he didn't stop there.

Summoning a constant stream of water from the tip of his wand, Donghyuck laughs to himself as a swarm of first years go tumbling down one of the 'water slides' just as the stairs start moving on their own.

Some students are shrieking, most are laughing, and Donghyuck just sits back as he takes in the sight before him, marvelling at the feeling of nostalgia that settles into his bones.

"Oh, it's good to be back."

"You have no idea how good it is to have you back", A voice sounds and Donghyuck whips his head around, his eyes landing upon a familiar face whose eyes sparkled with a similar type of mischief.

Jaemin raises his wand, giving Donghyuck a slight smirk before he casts his own spell, and it's when the noise below grows that both boys glance down at the mess beneath. The makeshift water slides are now slick with bubbles.

"A finishing touch", Jaemin mumbles, slotting his wand back into his robes as he approaches his best friend. Donghyuck rises wordlessly and as they share one look, both boys open their arms wide, embracing one another tightly.

It felt so good to be back in Jaemin's arms, Donghyuck mused. His friend always had a special talent for hugs.

"I'm not letting you go ever again, you know that, right?" Jaemin whispers, nuzzling his face into Donghyuck's neck as the two hold onto each other for dear life.

Merlin, how happy Donghyuck is to see him again.

"Does that mean that the rest of us should join your hug instead of waiting for our own?" Yukhei pipes up, Donghyuck momentarily pulling his head back to study his group of friends waiting beside the Gryffindor.

"I didn't take you both for the sentimental type", Renjun drawls, his voice coming out a lot softer than he had intended it to, seeing his two friends embraced like that. Even if he wouldn't outright voice how glad he was of Donghyuck's return, the latter could see it on his face. Donghyuck wanted to kiss him, kiss them, all of them.

"You're back for, what, an hour, and already have the Headmaster summoning you", Yukhei continues, his comment causing Donghyuck to frown.

"Headmaster Lee?"