Chapter 12

With freshly showered hair, Donghyuck stumbles down the staircase from his room and towards the Common Room

With freshly showered hair, Donghyuck stumbles down the staircase from his room and towards the Common Room. He can already hear the music echoing through the stone room, bringing a smile to his face as the commotion gradually grows louder with every step he takes.

As he gets to the bottom of the staircase, just rounding the corner into the sea of green, black and silver, his eyes grow wide as there's a loud whistling before an eruption of green glitter explodes just by his head, causing Donghyuck to duck instinctively, bringing his hands up over his ears.

Almost like a domino effect, as more glitter bombs go off around the room, Donghyuck straightens back up with a laugh, watching in wonder.

Salazar, he really loved magic.

With his eyes scanning over the crowd of rowdy Slytherins, some drinking, some dancing, the thought of where Jaemin might be crosses his mind. However, just as it does, there's an uproar as the Veela is lifted into the air rather clumsily by a few Sixth and Seventh-year boys, the whole room cheering for their Captain.

Watching on rather amused, Donghyuck skirts round the edge of the room, not feeling ready to brave the mass of perhaps slightly drunk housemates as the music continues to get louder, Donghyuck able to feel the beat through the ground.

Tearing his eyes away from his friend as someone bumps into his shoulder, Donghyuck goes to apologise, but when he does, he's presented with a small glass of orange liquid- the girl who was holding it out to him having another in her other hand.

Donghyuck takes it wordlessly and after she knocks them together, she quickly downs the liquid before waltzing off. Looking off to where the girl has disappeared to and then back to his cup, Donghyuck just shrugs as he brings the cup up to his lips, throwing his head back.

As soon as the liquid hits his throat, Donghyuck's face scrunches up as he then jerks forward to let out a cough. A hand is on his back in an instant, patting away, and when Donghyuck whips his head around, he sees Chenle with a bright grin across his face.

"Firewhiskey!" He shouts over all the noise, to which Donghyuck just makes another face.

He drops the glass onto a nearby table, or perhaps a bookshelf, before turning back to Chenle, asking the boy if he was having fun, to which he nodded eagerly.

"It was a brilliant game!" He praises, raising his voice as Donghyuck leaned in more to hear clearly, the words all muffled, "I mean the way you caught that Snitch! I forget how great of a flyer you are!"

"Thanks!" Donghyuck shouts back, "You're decent at flying too. You should've tried out for the House team!"

But at that, Chenle just shakes his head, "Maybe next year when the Seeker position is open!"

Just as Donghyuck leans back in to respond, Chenle points in front of them at Jaemin making his way through the crowd. As he goes, fellow Slytherin's try and grab onto his arms to attempt to weave him into their conversations, partly so that they can praise his strategies and plays from the game, the other part being that he was a very attractive wizard amongst slightly drunk teenage girls, and guys. He manages to charm himself free with just a few words and a smile before he finally reaches his two friends, three glasses floating in the air just behind him.