Chapter 20

"I think I could've gone my whole life without seeing you feed Mark toast" Jaemin whines, the two of them leaving the Great Hall and their friends to get to their Quidditch training

Still trying to wrap his head around his best friend's bombshell of a relationship, seeing Donghyuck hold a piece of toast to Mark's lips was perhaps a step too far for the other Slytherin, who alongside Yukhei and Renjun, diverted their gaze just after seeing a pretty pink settle upon Mark's cheeks, the other whispering a 'thank you' before taking a bite.

"He was redoing his tie, his hands were otherwise occupied" Donghyuck defends, to which Jaemin just throws him a look.

"It would've only taken a minute for him to do that, he wasn't going to starve, you know" Jaemin responds, to which Donghyuck rolls his eyes with a huff.

He was finally able to show affection to his boyfriend and if he was able to make his friends squirm in the process, well, that is just perfect.

"Anyway, have you given anymore thought to the tryouts?" Jaemin says, swiftly changing to topic, which has Donghyuck's frowning in confusion.

"What tryouts?"

"What do you mean 'what tryouts'?" Jaemin repeats, eyes wide as he shakes his head, like such an answer should be obvious, "For the Chudley Cannons of course, if we want to play in the big leagues then this is our shot"

Becoming a professional Quidditch player... amongst everything with his relationship being exposed, he almost forgot about talking to Jaemin about where he truly saw himself after Hogwarts. Whenever they were on the topic of Quidditch though, Jaemin always seemed so passionate, so happy that they would try out for the same team and take the professional leagues by storm, together. Donghyuck just hadn't found the right time to tell him about his calling to medicine.

Maybe now with some secrets spilling, it was time.

"Jaemin... I-"

"Oh, Salazar, I didn't realise everyone was already gathered" Jaemin curses, pointing ahead to see the rest of their house team all standing around, waiting for the two last players. Donghyuck let out a sigh. "I blame yours and Mark's display of affection for messing with my mind and therefore my time management"

And even though Jaemin chuckled at his own joke, Donghyuck just rolled his eyes at how he couldn't have a moment alone to talk to his best friend.

As they reach the Quidditch pitch, ready to prepare for their match against Gryffindor, Donghyuck catches a glimpse of a cluster of Slytherin's all standing around waiting for their Captain and Seeker.

It is on the approach that his stomach twists, a brief thought flashing across his mind as he watches the group turn to look at them.

Now that the news of him and Mark was public knowledge, would they treat him any differently? Would they act suspicious? Would they not think of him as being the same person he was yesterday? What if they asked him to bow out of the team..?