Chapter 7

Donghyuck groans as he holds his shoulder, Jaemin giving him an apologetic smile as they jog down to the edge of the Forbidden Forest for their next class.

Just before their training session had ended, Donghyuck took a Bludger to the shoulder. Thankfully even though Yuna didn't get there in time to bat the ball away, she was able to shout an 'Arresto Momentum' charm to slow the Bludger down, but it still hurt like hell, leaving a dull ache to possess Donghyuck's right side.

As they arrive to their Care of Magical Creatures class, their professor wastes no time in asking them to partner up before they set off into the Forest- neither of the two Slytherins quite catching the topic of the class.

However as they join the group, the professor looking over their tired figures, he doesn't say a word to them about punctuality, to which they're both thankful for.

With most of the class already standing in their pairs, Jaemin looks to Donghyuck, a tired smile on his face, "I guess we're stuck together again"

To which Donghyuck just grins as he clocks a figure walking towards them, "You know what, I'm just... I'm just gonna stand over there for a bit"

Jaemin furrows his eyebrows not understanding what Donghyuck meant as he scrambles away, however when a gentle hand is place upon his shoulder, Jaemin spins around, feeling a little dizzy from the action and from who he was then facing.

"Jaemin, hey"

Upon meeting Jeno's eyes, Jaemin immediately feels like he's been struck by some type of Jellyleg Jinx.

"Hi" Jaemin greets back shyly, and Donghyuck is astounded by the duality of Jaemin's persona from barking orders on the Quidditch pitch to blushing brightly here.

"Oh, what happened?" Jeno asks, gesturing up to Jaemin'c cheek to which the Slytherin brings his hand up to his face immediately, covering what dirt he had obviously missed when him and Donghyuck had to run from the pitch.

"Oh, uh... Just Quidditch training..." Jaemin explains, his hand rubbing at his cheek as he returns Jeno's smile.

"Oh right" Jeno nods, watching on as Jaemin tries to make himself presentable, "I was just wondering if you already had a partner-"

"No!" Jaemin cuts in, his own eyes going wide at how loud he was, "Uh, no, I don't..."

"Would you maybe want to partner up then?" He asks, seemingly oblivious to Jaemin's thumping heart and shaking hands, "I suppose it might help with the tutoring"

"The tutoring, yeah" Jaemin parrots, a smile stretching across his face as he agrees, this time a little calmer, "Yeah, sure"

At the confirmation, Jeno smiles back at his now partner, and when his eyes turn into crescents, Jaemin has to stop himself from letting out a questionable screech.

As Donghyuck watches on with an amused smile, he feels someone join his side.

"You have a partner, Lee?"

Donghyuck glances over the boy stood to his left, his green robes and evening blue hair causing Donghyuck to sigh internally, "Apparently I do now"

There were very few students that Donghyuck didn't like. Sure, he didn't get along with everyone, but rather surprisingly, he was a pretty easy going guy. However, the Slytherin stood besides him now, Kaito Yang, left Donghyuck feeling unsettled after every encounter.

He was a pureblood who acted like that still meant something in today's world, and he didn't take kindly to those who were less than.

For Donghyuck, he reminded him too much of his parents' views and values, to which was never a good sign. Moreover, he was just a rather unpleasant fellow, Donghyuck didn't even know if the boy was capable of a smile.