Chapter 11

There's a buzz resonating within the walls of the Hogwarts' castle, excited whisperings picking up as students of all houses dress up warm with their house scarves dangling from their necks as they make their way out of the Great Hall after a hearty breakfast.

Today was the first Quidditch match of the new school year, and it was being kicked off by Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

Fastening up his wrist guards, Donghyuck makes his way out of the Hall, trying to hide the smug grin that spreads upon his face at the way that the students fawn over him- the power of the Quidditch uniform.

As he leaves behind the clattering of utensils and early morning greetings exchanged over burnt toast, Donghyuck already knows that Jaemin will be waiting for them by the pitch to go over some last minute formations, making sure they all know what plays they're going to run- having stayed up all night to break down Ravenclaw's offensive patterns.

As Donghyuck takes another step, to the left of the Great Hall, he smiles brightly as he sees a familiar figure conversing with one of the prefects from the year below. In attempt to keep his reputation in tact, Donghyuck wipes the smile off his face as he turns his whole body to face the pair, a slight air of arrogance as he calls out to them.

"Oi, Head Boy!" He bellows, Mark and the girl immediately turning around, "Someone's a long way from the library"

The girl throws Mark an uneasy look before she excuses herself with a little bow of her head, scampering away to which Mark just shakes his own head, giving Donghyuck a disbelieving chuckle.

With his eyes fixed on the Slytherin, Mark tilts his head to the side, signalling for Donghyuck to follow as he retreats a few steps, disappearing into one of the many hidden passageways or tiny pockets in the stone walls.

As soon as Mark's back is against the stone, Donghyuck's hands run over his robes as Mark's own hold Donghyuck close. Mark pulls Donghyuck's body against his own, reasoning that it's to make sure that they're not seen, but Donghyuck knows that's not true.

"Are you gonna watch?" Donghyuck asks with a grin, his eyes big and bright, almost like he were a child asking their parent for something.

"Of course" Mark answers back with a bigger smile, "I wouldn't miss your first game of the year, but I will warn you that Yukhei will be watching, noting down your new plays"

However at the heads up Donghyuck just shrugs, still smiling, "Let him watch and weep", the Slytherin declares, no venom, just excitement in his voice, "We're so much better this year Mark, I really think we can do well, I think we might have a shot of winning the Quidditch Cup"

At the pure joy he can feel radiating from his boyfriend, Mark moves his hands from where they were resting on Donghyuck's hips, and up to cup his cheeks, bringing the boy's face closer so that he can plant a sweet kiss to his forehead.

"I wish you all the best of luck- not that you'll need it" Mark declares, to which Donghyuck presses closer to the Gryfindor, burrowing his face into Mark's neck who just inhales shakily, Donghyuck's boldness throwing him off guard once again, "Just be careful of the Bludgers, and don't do anything dangerous, just take care out there"

Donghyuck was known, both on the pitch and off of it, to take risks, and it was nothing but bad for Mark's health- he swears he's lost ten years off of his life from watching Donghyuck play over the years.

"I will" Donghyuck purrs, kissing Mark's jaw before pulling away slightly, and it's when Mark locks eyes with him that he knows that despite his concern, Donghyuck will still do whatever it takes to win. Stupid Slytherin pride.