Chapter 247

(Florentia's POV)

Even though she knew she's going to die.

The words throbbed as if they were stuck in my heart.

"When Shan left the tribe, I tried to stop her. It's enough to avoid a bad future. But she said with a bright smile. 'My husband and child, who I haven't met yet, were so lovely that I can't help but go.'"

My mother met my father even though she knew what would become if she gave birth to me.

"'I've decided to love my fate'. That's the last word that child left."

It seemed to be a very painful memory for my grandmother.

"I still vividly remember the day Shan left. A mother can't forget the day her daughter leaves."

A face full of traces of time looked at me.

"Only once, when she got on a boat and sent a letter to the village. Do you know what Shan said then?"

I shook my head slightly.

Grandma spoke in a low voice.

"'My husband and daughter will live brilliant lives.'"

"Ha."

She made a sound like a deflated balloon.

"That's why I came to see you today, the happiest day for you. Shan's daughter."

My head seemed to be tangled up, but at the same time, I thought I knew for sure.

Mother was a very powerful person.

And maybe it was a predestined fate that I returned too.

"Shan loved her destiny, Florentia. Sacrificing her own life to bring you to this world. So don't waste that life."

Waste?

My life was far from being said to be wasted, neither in my previous life nor in this life.

I've always thrown my everything and lived.

"No, you are living an easy life right now."

"No, that's what you say without knowing me. I am not a person who is in vain."

I said is as if refuting without realizing it.

Along with disparaging my love for Lombardi, these words are intolerable.

"Don't live a life of complacency."

"I'm not even living in peace."

"That's why you're talking about your next life?"

"What?"

"Aren't you bragging about being satisfied with it if you become a Lombadi's head in this life? And then the rest will be done in the next life."

"That's..."

"Can you say no?"

I can't argue.

It's true that I sometimes thought about it implicitly.

In this life, there were times when I convinced myself to think about being Lombardi's householder.

"It's as if you have a chance for the next life, right?"

The foggy eyes looked at me sternly.

"You're half. There is no next life for you out of the loop, Florentia."

A life that leaves regrets as if it could be regressed once again.

A life where you don't even try to achieve everything you want.