Chapter 240

There were a total of four types of meetings leading the Empire.

The first is a bureaucratic meeting held by officials from various ministries.

The second is the aristocratic council, which is held by aristocrats, and the third is the conference where aristocrats and Emperor gather in one place to discuss important issues of the Empire.

However, it is what is called the Parliamentary Assembly meeting, which is held most often than the three meetings mentioned, and to discuss detailed agendas.

Seven representatives of the aristocracy attended the meeting to collect the results of the bureaucratic meeting and make some kind of business report to the Emperor.

And today was Perez's first parliamentary meeting as an acting emperor.

Chairman Killian and the others, who attended as representatives of the aristocracy, were sitting and waiting for Perez, the Second Prince and soon-to-be Crown Prince, to arrive with bureaucrats. (A/N: Guys, I'm telling you, their 'name position' are getting longer and longer. Then it'll become short once they finally succeeded. Haha!)

"The Deputy Patriarch of Lombardi is also a little late too."

Chairman Killian said, looking at the still empty chair.

Then Lord Maimbert, who sat next to him, told Chairman Killian.

"Don't you think today's meeting will end soon?"

"That's what I was thinking. Let's have a meal together after the meeting, huh?"

"Let's do it! Why don't you all join us?"

"That's a good idea, hahaha!"

The nobles laughed leisurely and talked lightly.

Even at the last meeting held by Emperor Yovanes, this situation was unimaginable.

There was a reason why they were so relaxed.

"Your Highness the Second Prince is proficient in his work, isn't he?"

"That's what they say. And isn't my third child working in the finance department now?"

"Ah, I heard he's been promoted recently! Congratulations!"

"Yes, thank you. But that's not the point. Well, since Your Highness the Second Prince began to serve as Your Majesty's agent, the faces of the bureaucrats have grown."

"You mean that much?"

Chairman Killian intervened with his eyes wide open.

"It is said that the burden of the work has been cut in half."

"Ah, it really is cut in half!"

Then the person who brought it up said as if he was frustrated.

"Then it means that it's easy enough to work for you to say that!"

Then he lowered his voice a little and said.

"My child went into the bureaucracy a few days ago, and he said that it was as if His Highness the Prince was seeing through everything."

"Seeing through?"

"Most of the original bureaucratic meetings explained and persuaded the agenda to His Majesty the Emperor. However, even before the bureaucrats told him, he was not only familiar with all the issues, but he was capable enough to also offer solutions that the officials could not come up with."

"Oh, that's incredible."

"And most of the things are already resolved when Your Highness gives separate instructions before even coming up to the meeting agenda, so everyone sweeps their hearts out saying that their work has become easier."