Chapter 205

(Florentia's POV)

The whole Empire was turned upside down.

It was only natural that the First Prince who attempted to kill the Emperor was caught by the imperial knights.

The aristocracy was also stirred into excitement and chaos.

Those who had been lining up behind Astana were stunned and anxious to see how well Perez's position is now.

Although he was the First Prince and had the support of the Empress, he was useless in front of the terrifying charges of attempted assassination and treason against the Emperor.

"There are nobles lining up in front of Poylac Palace of the Second Prince every day."

Bate reported to me.

"They're still trying to line up for Perez. But I don't know what he will do."

Perez wont push them away.

He's not a Prince who cuts off all those who do not follow him.

However, he would cut off some of the heads of those who were against him.

"How many people still remain on the Empress's side?"

"It's a lot more than I thought." Bate answered my question with a shrug.

"For now, there are quite few loyal family members, including Angenas. Also, there have been many people who have been in line for marriage with Angenas by the arrangement of the Empress."

"You mean that those are the people who are already late to back out and are still standing strong."

"Right. Also, there is a rumor going around that the First Prince was out of his mind when he tried to kill the Emperor. Thanks to that, there are still a few people who are expecting for the First Prince to be pardoned or get a more lenient punishment."

"So, he was out of his mind?"

I still remember Astana's face, which was rushing with a sword that day.

He must really be out of his mind.

Sure enough.

Bate shook his head.

"He was drunk with magic. Literally, enough to not recognize his mother and father."

"But it's unlikely to be drunk of magic to that extent, right?"

Bate nodded his head this time.

Even in the Madman's forest, even if you caught a monster, it is not that easy for magic to be consumed that far.

The place we saw Astana was also at the entrance of the forest.

"Maybe he took a medicine that absorbed the magic."

The fact that Bate says so means that he can't reveal the exact source, but there is some information that I notice.

"Medicine..."

It's Perez.

It was also him who proposed to hold a hunting competition in the forest of Madman from the beginning.

He also asked to prepare the Emperor's protective gear to be plated.

"Did you identify the monster I told you about last time?"

"Yes. Kangpara is a monster with long claws like a crow and said to have the habit of collecting things that sparkle."

I knew it. As expected.