Chapter 217

On the same day, a little earlier.

Empress Lavigne was in front of the Emperor's bedroom.

The bedroom door was tightly closed but Lavigne's face was bright.

Soon after, the black-haired maid came out and bowed her head politely.

"Come in, Empress. His Majesty was waiting."

Lavigne's red corners of her mouth went up quietly.

Not long ago, she was stopped at the door.

But she was given permission to come inside today.

"Yes, thank you."

The maid-in-honor, greeted by the empress, bowed her head further without making an eye contact.

The sight made Empress Lavigne feel even better.

"Your Majesty."

Entering the bedroom, the Empress called Yovanes in a friendly voice.

"You're here."

As if he had just woken up, Yovanes, who was still in pajamas and being attended by the maids, answered silently,

In exchange for having been drinking alcohol for a while, the black shade under his eyes were clearly visible and so was his shabby face.

"I was worried to hear that you were not in peace. I'm glad you're feeling better."

The phrase 'not feeling well' that Yovanes used is only an excuse because he didn't want to see the Empress's face.

She wouldn't know it.

The Empress had been talking to Yovanes at a friendly tone, as if she was genuinely worried.

"Why are you here, Empress?"

Yovanes asked in an irritating voice, fed up with Lavigne.

"If you want to ask regarding Astana's work..."

"I came here because of the work of the Second Prince Perez."

Yovanees, who glanced at Lavigne for a moment, leaned over to the wash water that his maid had brought.

Lavigne, who watched the scene, was convinced.

The Emperor already knew the affairs of Perez and Florentia Lombardi.

But it seemed like he was going to pretend not to know, so she had to play along.

"Have you not heard yet? It is said that this morning, the Patriarch of Lombardi appointed Florentia, who was engaged to the Second Prince, as the next official Patriarch successor, Your Majesty."

"...That's what happened."

Yovannes spoke slowly and splashed water on his face.

Lavigne's guess was right.

As soon as the Emperor got up, he heard Rulac's decision.

At first, it was absurd.

He was also angry because he was deceived.

But he pondered it, and it wasn't too bad for Yovanes himself.

The relationship between Lombardi and the Imperial family was inseparable.

That meant that the Emperor should share the absolute power that he deserves.

Yovanes hated it unbearably.