Chapter 222

(Florentia's POV)

"Claryvan!"

I saw Claryvan get off the horse and run.

And hugged him when I got closer.

Perhaps because of the horse ride, Claryvan smelled like the wind.

"...Florentia."

Claryvan also hugged me.

"Good work, Claryvan, It was scary, wasn't it?"

"It would be a lie to say it wasn't."

He laughed as he said that, but Claryvan's body was trembling and only starting to relax.

"Brother...." Laurel approached Claryvan carefully.

Tears that had just stopped were flowing again from Laurel's already swollen eyes.

"....Laurel."

Claryvan, who was watching the figure, took out his handkerchief from his arms and handed it over.

"Oh, thank you..."

Laurel, seeing the handkerchief handed over with her big eyes, burst into tears again.

It was because the handkerchief that Claryvan carried was the handkerchief she gave him last time.

Even if he didn't express it outwardly, Claryvan was also thinking of Laurel as her younger sister.

Claryvan, who was patting Laurel on the shoulder, said to me.

"The Imperial knights have Violet."

"Violet?"

I turned my head and glanced at the Imperial Knights, who had stopped at the front gate of the mansion.

"They really are.."

I'd like to turn everything upside down.

It's not the time yet.

I need to wait for it to ripen.

"Miss Violet...what do we do, Lady?"

Laurel asked me with frightened eyes.

With one hand clasped at the hem of Claryvan's robe.

"It's okay, everything's gonna be fine. I'm not gonna let that happen."

But the charge... allegations of cooperation in the attempted murder of the emperor.

It's tremendous too.

"Wouldn't it be nice to actively explain that my brother has nothing to do with such a thing?"

Laurel carefully suggested it to me.

But I shook my head.

"No, if so, the Empress will create another suspicion."

"Then what to do..."

"I have to aim at the Empress. I might won't be able to have this kind of thing again."

I said, looking at the Imperial knights still confronting the Lombardi knights.

"I can't believe the knights of the royal court moved like that. It's proof that the Empress was driven at a dead end. So there's nothing to be afraid of."

This side holds the knife anyway.

"It's only a few days left until the conference. All you have to do is hang in there."

And I spoke to Perez.

"About Violet."

"Okay. Don't worry about it."