Chapter 223

(Florentia's POV)

"The young Deputy Patriarch is very outspoken."

Ethan Klaus spoke to me in a harsh voice, as if a crackling sound could be heard.

When I mentioned the Empress, he seemed quite upset.

However, even in the midst of that, Ethan Klaus's eyes were searching the inside of the carriage.

It seemed like they were looking through the corners to see if there was a space where Claryvan could possibly hide.

"I, the Deputy Patriarch of Lombardi, have no reason to be wary of what I say in front of the Knight of Angenas."

I added, hitting it without losing, too.

"You'll regret it if you don't get out of the carriage soon, Lord Klaus."

"...."

As soon as I finished speaking, Klaus squeezed his body back while holding the carriage door.

And he quickly pulled out his sword.

Shiiing!

There was a loud sound enough to make my ears ring.

"You dare open the Lombardi's carriage. Do you want to die, Ethan Klaus?"

It was Lambert Lombardi, the commander of Lombardi Knights, who appeared in an instant and swung his sword.

The two men's swords were trembling with tremendous strength and power.

"Move."

"The beggars of Angenas."

From the back, familiar voices were heard along with the sound of horseshoe.

Looking back, I could see Angenas and the Imperial knights, who were close to the carriage, stepping back.

"Tia, no, Deputy Patriarch, are you okay?"

It was Gillieu and Mairon who stood out from the window.

In addition to the two, there are probably a few more Lombardi knights.

I smirked at Ethan Klaus looking at the Knight of Lombardi surrounding the carriage with a stiff face.

I said I was going to the conference, but when did I say I was going alone?

Now Angenas and the Imperial knights must act more carefully, unless they intend to engage in an all-out war with Lombardi.

Of course, what you've done so far is not something to be overlooked.

"Lord Lombardi."

"Yes, Deputy Patriarch."

"Please stop it. I'm fine."

"Okay."

To be precise, my Dad's cousin, Lambert Lombardi, was a man who's on good terms with me.

Before that, it was the relationship between the Deputy Patriarch and the commander of the Knights.

Without a moment's hesitation, Lord Lombardi backed down, bouncing back the sword of Ethan Klaus.

I spoke to Ethan Klaus.

"I'll ask you if you dare open my carriage door later, Lord Klaus."

The eyes staring at me through the closing door were unusual, but I didn't care much.

What can you do by staring like that?

I spoke to the coachman.

"Let's go to the place I mentioned earlier."