Herod Westwood: XIII

Start from the beginning

"obviously. So are we splitting up?" Asher shot back. The group looked at each other and sighed.

"Yes it does look like it." Alekzandr said.

Herod sighed as he walked around the corner of the alley Asher and Markos on either side of him. To their right Alekzandr and Riu were climbing their way onto the roof of the warehouse hoping to find some kind of advantage. Adleth to their left dived towards the side entrance sneaking her way in.

Oh and Herod? He was heading to the front entrance with a sadistic soldier, and an insane cultist. Fun.

"Can you hear anything?" Herod asked as Markos pressed his ears against the wooden door. His violet eyes stared back with an uncomfortable amount of stillness.

"Yeah.. mostly sounds like.." Markos stopped to frown. "Bird chirping.." Markos' eyes went wide. And Herod began to hear it too. The clang of Riu's armor on the roof. Damn her, she insisted on going up there despite her heavier armor! One would notice at first glance especially with how her clothes looked but she sported some style of scale mail.

"What- do we-" Markos pushed from the door and locked eyes with Herod who was already anticipating the next words.

"Eldritch blast?" Herod asked with a smirk. His blade hummed with a small crackle of power. He did quiz what Puderis would have thought right around then, with his present company.

"Eldritch blast." Markos said grinning. Asher raised a hand to object before Herod took a deep breath, holding Vulity before him he watched the vein's on his sword pulsate with green energy as a force of pure energy shot out slamming into the door.

"Vulity ceriorem ventus!" He chanted, speaking the incantation to summon his hexblades form for an attack.

It must have been a good day since..

The door flew off the hinges.

*VREEPOOM* The sound echoed throughout the Warehouse, as Markos leaped into the building, the door flew forward and while Herod couldn't see it he could hear the sound of wood against tissue as it collided with someone. The door was sent spiraling upward and then landed down on top of the individual it hit.

"CRaww!" Something yelped. Herod charged in, Asher already leaping before him. To his right he saw...

"Is that a fucking a bird?!" Asher screamed. The masked soldier's blade collided with something to Herod's left while he summoned a second eldritch blast. The Kenku as he recognized looked utterly surprised by his entrance before the eldritch blast slammed into him.

"Vulity ceriorem ventus!" He wished he could more easily cast magic with a silent incantation but for now this would do.

Herod slid on his heels as he came to a halt. The bird before him flew backwards into the crate, it's bones could be heard cracking like tinder in a fire.

"They're Kenku!" Herod screamed to Asher it was so much for handling this stealthily, he eyed his next opponent a kenku holding a small short sword and smirked. "You're mine."

"Craw?"

"The big ugly one!" A voice yelled from his side, it was deep and gruff, "The big ug-" a noticeable slash could be heard as Herod turned to see Asher stabbing into the Kenku. The warehouse was sprawling large with its back opened for a port stretching a small river that led to the ocean boxes lined the area and so did the Kenku. "The big!" Surprisingly the Kenku Asher had just stabbed wasnt staying down.

"Why do they keep saying the same thing?!-" Suddenly Asher was cut off the overhead window to the warehouse caved in small silver fragments of light sprained on the ground, Herod wiped Vulity over his head.