🦋Y/N🦋

"Y/N, did you check to see if the Firehouse Subs are ready to be picked up?" asked Ma walking into the room. "Yes ma'am. Layah's should be on her way back with them." I said walking out of the bathroom, to get my makeup bag. "Y/N/N, what's going on?" Ma questioned me, as I walked back into the bathroom.

"What do you mean?" I asked, opening the case looking for the concealer. "Well for starters, you haven't looked at me or anyone for that matter in the fade since you been here, and the long sleeves in Louisiana during September. Oh and let's not forget the limping, and you half-ass walking up and down these stairs every day. Once again what's going on?" Ma asked now leaning against the bathroom door.

I had been staying here since we came from Texas three days ago. My eye is still bruised and I couldn't even face Ma. I knew Djay had told her and Alayah about everything she was just observing, noticing little things for herself. "It's nothing Ma. Trust me." I said not looking at her.

"Y/N look at me right now." She demands, in a tone that made the hair stand on the back of my neck. That voice always made me quiver. I hesitated before turning to look at her, my eyes meeting hers. Ma's face had the same expressions as Djay's. "Y/N/N, do not lie to me. Who did this to you?" Ma asked as tears began to form in her eyes.

"Ma, please. I'm fine you don't have to worry about anything I can take care myself." I said turning around looking back in the mirror. "Y/N-" "Ma, I said I was fine. Can I please finish doing my makeup so I can come downstairs and help y'all?" I question and she nodded without saying around she turned and walked out of the room closing the door behind her.

After I had finished doing my makeup, I made my way down the stairs. Stepping off the last step I sigh in relief, I made my way to the kitchen. I stopped at the door as I heard Ma talking to someone. I know I shouldn't have eavesdropped, but the stress in her voice when she said my name made me want to listen.

 I know I shouldn't have eavesdropped, but the stress in her voice when she said my name made me want to listen

"Y/N has a black and she walking with a limp Mama, you can't tell me she's not okay. I've seen stuff like this in the firm, it's not sitting right with me." Ma said. "Nette, when she's ready Y/N/N will tell us. She always as and she always well," God how I wish that was true. "She's a smart girl, strong-headed. Let her take her time with whatever's going on." Grans said.

I decided to make my presents now and walked in, "Thanks Granny I told Ma I was fine, and not to worry about." I said sitting down at the counter. "I'm glad to know baby." Granny said kissing my forehead before she went back to making drinks.

"Where y'all want the subs?" Alayah asked walking in the kitchen with Kai behind her with a sucker in his mouth. "Outside on the table. Y/N can you start taking some of the stuff outside the parties about to start." Granny's said. I nodded standing up from the chair and grabbing the tray of drinks and following Layah outside.

Everybody thinks this is just a regular party boy wait they see what Mari and I have in store.

~~~~

"Okay everybody gather around I come bearing gifts." Mari said as walked over to get everything from under one of the tables. I handed her half and I took half, "Gifts? We didn't know it was that type of party." Layah said as I gave her the gift bag with her name on it. "It's something from Mari. She wanted to show her appreciation." I said giving the last gift bag to Grans.

"When you we open them?" Ma asked looking down at the bag she had. Mari looked at me and I jumped my shoulders. "Tomorrow." I said smiling, taking out my phone to record their reactions. "What the hell. Why give it to us now then?" Grans asked before putting the cup to her lips.

"She's joking. Y'all can open them now." Amari said standing beside me. I smiled as everybody opens their bags. I laughed as their smiles faded out of being confused. "Umm, thanks Amari, but I think they might have been left in the dryer too long." said Mike shaking his head holding up a blue and white jersey with Djay's number and last name on them.

"Wait there's more." She said walking over getting the gift box and walking over to Djay and giving it to him. He was the only one that we didn't give a gift bag. After she gave him the box she went and stood beside him as he opened it.

Everybody waited patiently as he undoes the ribbon and took the top off. He also had the same thing, but at the bottom, he had pictures of the ultrasounds in the bottom. "Before you say anything keep going." Mari said. Shaking his head he took out the gift wrap tissue.

"Really?" Djay asked and Mari nodded smiling, he jumped up from the seat making the box and jersey fall, pulling Amari in his arms spinning her. "What's going on?" Ma asked looking at them. Djay put Mari down and pick the box and jersey up from the ground and taking out the ultrasound pictures.

"I'm going to be a dad." Djay said holding up the ultrasound. Everybody erupted in cheers laughing. Ma and Grans started crying, of course, they crying they cried when they found out I was pregnant with Kai. I ended the video and walked over to Amari and Djay. I gave Mari her phone back, then pulled Djay into a hug.

"Congrats, little bro." I said smiling. "Thank you, good thing I did buy that house." He said laughing as we let go of each other. "Thank you again Y/N, for the help." Mari thanked hugging me. "No problem, hon." I said letting her go. "Wait you knew about this" Alayah asked, and I needed, "For about two months now." I said laughing.

"You dirty bitches, that's why y'all was always sneaking off." She said laughing. "Yeah. Why else would be sneaking off?" Mari asked laughing. "You don't wanna know." Layah said. "You dirty whore." I said pushing her shoulder. "Damn first my nephew, now my sister. I'm sharing my girlfriend with everybody." Djay said, shaking his head.

~~~~

Eventually, the party became more just a little more than a party. I sat at one of the tables with Layah and Amari. "I am I the only one that feels that Miriam's been acting a little weird?" Alayah asked looking up from her phone. "Why do you say that?" I asked, before drink some of the margarita Grans made.

"Because I've been trying to text her about watching Kai while I go on the date with Chris, but she keeps living me on read. Not to mention, every time she took a phone call she would always step outside or go in a different room and that's not like her." Layah said locking her phone and laying it on the table.

"I've noticed that and some other stuff, but I'm just gonna mind my business. It's something I don't like about her. She set something off in me the first day I met her." Mari said. "Just get a babysitter. If she's acting weird I don't want her around Kai." I said, and Layah nodded.

I picked up my phone as we all continued to talk. I'm not going to lie every time I was around Missie in New Orleans she gave me a weird vibe. Like something was off about her, it was never like that before she went to Jamaica, but when she came back she's a different woman. Brushing it off I scrolled through Instagram like and commenting on Mari's post.

I logged of Instagram and went to Twitter checking my notifications and like some here and there until I got a message on my phone. Just when I thought me blocking it would put an end to it all, I get proven wrong.

Unknown:

My favorite tattoos on you are the ones that Myles' left on you. Work of art.

I shifted in the seat, pulling at the sleeve bring it over my hand. "You good Y/N/N?" Layah asked as I went to block it yet again. I nodded pressing the sleep/wake button putting the phone back on the table. "Yeah, better than I'll ever be." I said smiling at them. "Good, 'cuz here comes Djay with more drinks." Amari said.

I smile and nodded, I need to get my number changed ASAP.