25. Cravings.....

Arthit POV------

Tonight is such a nice night, A perfect night to spend with Kong, in his house. Standing on the porch, I look around, liking what I see.

The sun is about to set, I can hear movement inside, and there are some fantastic smells coming from the house.

I check my pants, smoothing them where they have wrinkled.

I want to look nice for Kong.

I haven’t seen him all day.

I have missed him.

I knock on the door and listen to his footsteps coming closer. When the door opens, I let out a breath, I didn’t even realise I was holding.

"Hi.... I miss you all day"

I say, wrapping my arms around Kong. I press my lips to his, losing myself in him. He is so warm and soft I don’t want to let go.

Kong moves away, asking me about dinner, but the pink color of his cheeks pulls my heart.

Kong pulls me inside and closes the door behind me.

I nod, watching his every movement and wanting to kiss him again.

We sit down to dinner, and Kong asks me about my day.

I tell him about Mew and Gulf’s idea for a job. He doesn’t seem to like it, so I try to explain.

"Mew said it would be good for me to be out with other people.... on my own"

I am a little nervous about it, and I tell him so.

Kong changes the subject, and I am glad. I didn’t want to upset him on our first date in his house.

"What else have you been up to ?? You and Prem have been spending a lots of time together"

I finish chewing my food, before I answer

"I like talking to him, he doesn’t make me nervous"

Prem’s quiet ways are comforting to me, and he is always willing to help me whenever I have a question.

"Anything particular you talk about ??"

Kong asks, keeping his eyes on his plate. He is trying not to push, and I know he only wants what’s best for me, so I tell him.

"Different things, but about you and Wad a lot"

I smile when I think about our last conversation.

"All good, I hope"

Kong says, smiling and taking a bite of his dinner

I am so confused.......... Why would he think I would ever say something bad about him ??

I love him, haven’t I said it enough.... for him, to believe me ??

"I always say good things about you"

I tell him, watching his face closely.

His eyes get really wide and he takes my hand.

"Arthit, I am sorry. I know you would never say anything bad about me. I was teasing. It was Just a joke"

'A joke ??'

But....... that’s not funny, and I tell him so, feeling even more confused than before.

"You are right, it’s not funny. And I am sorry"

Afraid of ruining our night, I drop it. I know he would never hurt me on purpose. I lift his hand to my mouth and kiss each fingertip gently.