Chapter 65

A few days later Marla sat at the big conference room table with papers stretched all over. She stood up picking them up and organizing them in piles while humming a song. She saw her sister in law come in the room sitting in the chair. ”Mar…you look stressed out...what’s going on?” she asked.

”I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow. I think I’m just stressing out about it.” she admitted.

”But you went last week?” she questioned.

”No…not that doctor.” she answered.

”Oh…Mar…isn’t it just your annual?” she responded.

”Welll…no….that’s in July…” Marla answered trying to hold back her concern.

”Marla! Are you serious?” Jamie asked.

”I took a test on Sunday….it was positive…but I haven’t taken any others…” she told her.

”You haven’t talked to Bruno have you?” she replied.

”No…I just remember how he was with Rosie..it took him a long time to warm up to the idea. I just want to make sure that it really is positive…” she told Jamie.

”I can go with you if you want, Mar.” she reassured Marla.

”Would you?” she asked.

”Of course. We’ll go together.” she smiled.

**

Marla sat in the chair almost shaking watching Jamie look at the posters. ”I am so glad I’m done with this baby stuff…” she told Marla looking up at Marla who was white with nerves. ”Mar…it’ll be okay…you don’t have to worry.” she told Marla.

”I know..I’m not worried. This is just the first appointment I’ve been to without him in so long. It’s just weird.”

”Oh, honey. It will be okay. You’ve done this three times before.” she said squeezing Marla’s hand watching the doctor come in.

”So…we need to see if you’re pregnant, huh?” she asked after going over the basic information to make sure Marla was healthy. ”Give me a minute and we’ll get this blood test all put together…”

”It never gets easier…all the blood and stuff..” Marla said watching the needle go in her arm. ”Ewwww.” she cringed.

”Ewwww….” Jamie turned her head watching Marla’s blood being drawn. ”None of us can handle it…well except for Tiara…shit..you should of brought her…”

”She was in Hawaii.” Marla laughed. ”But I’ll bring her next time.”

”Net time? Like a third one? Oh god…you….”

”Crazy.” Marla answered watching the nurse walk out of the room. ”I mean…I don’t know..I like your family and how there are so many of you. I love Travis..I do…but sometimes I wish I had more….and being pregnant wasn’t that bad.” she told Jamie.

”I don’t blame you for it….” she told Marla. ”It is nice. It’s hard during Christmas…but I know I wouldn’t change it for anything….” They continued to talk about having a big family waiting for the doctor to come back in. ”…and then Eric hit him in the head…” Jamie was caught in the middle of a story when they heard a knock on the door.

”Well, well…” the doctor said sitting down in a chair. She handed Marla a small piece of paper. ”You’re 9 weeks pregnant.”

”Oh..oh….oh my god…” Marla gasped. ”What am I going to do?”