Chapter 46

A few hours later a nurse came into the room touching Marla’s arm to check her medication. She jumped hitting Bruno’s head which was placed on her stomach.

”Oh shit…I almost killed him.” she laughed seeing him wipe his eyes opening them to see the nurse and Marla looking at him.

”Was I snoring?” he asked.

”No…I just almost killed you with my arm.” she answered cringing through the pain.

”Oh..yeah.” he smiled touching her hair getting it out her face. The nurse made notes on her paper leaving the two of them alone. ”How do you feel, baby doll?” he asked stretching his arms out.

She shrugged her shoulders. ”It could be worse.” she told him.

”Marley…I worry about you…” he said concerned. ”You can’t get stressed out like that…I don’t want you to get hurt…”

”I’m noy. I’m a little sore. That’s it…” she told him.

”What’s that?” he asked pointing to a deep blue bruise on her shoulder.

”I dropped a box at work…this isn’t from yesterday.” she lied to him.

”I don’t believe you, Mar.”

”Okay. Fine.” she answered him as he ran his fingers against her shoulder.”Oww…it hurts.” she cringed.

**

Marla turned over on the couch slowly feeling a ball on her side.

”Go get it, Rosie…” he said pushing her toward Marla. Rosalia jumped up n the couch where Marla had sat up with the ball in her hand.

”What do you say, mama?” Marla asked.

”Peas?” Rosie asked.

”You’re so amazing!” Marla exclaimed handing her the ball watching her run toward Bruno falling on his lap giggling at him. Bruno laughed at her overdramatic fall watching her dance a little after standing up. ”B…she’s doing the potty dance.” she told him.

”Oh..oh…Rosie…come on…come on mamacita…” he said running with her to the bathroom.

Marla jumped up ignoring the pain shooting up and down her body to watch Bruno and Rosalia.

”You’ve almost got it…come on….” Bruno sang the potty training song he had randomly put together to her.

Marla clapped her hands watching Bruno finish with his daughter holding her up to wash her hands. He bent down to hug her and kiss her on the cheek pushing her out the door.

Bruno paused at the door taking Marla’s hand holding it up kissing it. She blushed at his action watching Rosalia. He led her to the couch laying her down again.

”Mamaaaa….” Rosie called out.

”Come on..let’s take a nap…” she told her daughter as she jumped on the couch again. ”Are you coming Bruno?” she asked moving her feet so he could sit on the couch.

”Commeeeee….” Rosie exclaimed as Marla and she watched him pick up the toys on the ground throwing them in the basket where they belonged. He kissed both of them on the head leaving the room.

”He doesn’t get I, does he, Rosalia?” Marla asked her daughter putting her in a small protected spot on the couch. She shook her head the same way Marla had putting her head on her mother’s chest.

 Marla picked up her phone turning off the alarm at 6 in the morning the next day- a Friday. She jumped over Bruno getting out of the bed not feeling him move an inch. She took a quick shower putting on a bright purple wrap dress and leggings with yellow red flats for work. After towel drying her hair she went into Rosie’s room waking her up. Rosie scratched her head smiling at her mother’s face. ”Mama…I want to sleep still…”