chapter 19

Angelina's POV:

It's 5:00 am, yep, five fucking am. I couldn't sleep. I heard noises downstairs. I put on my bunny slippers, and went to check.

Stella wasn't here, I was worried as fuck. I looked around the rooms, no sign of her. not even a trace. in my mind, I wondered where the hell was she?

I heard a voice near a room, it was Nathan.. I leaned in the door to just hear, what he was saying. I was a bit curious. I mean, I certainly was.

I heard him say, "Well, I planned to make the wedding earlier, as soon as possible. In about 2 days. I'll get married to her. She's the only one I want."

I blushed, and was just happy to hear what he said.

Until I heard a familiar voice...

The familiar voice said, "Well, of course. I just won't see Kehlani, or I'll kill her, and take the child away."

After, I heard Nathan say, "You can't take Hope away. I won't let you do that, Vincent. Not your own grandchild"

It was my dad. I haven't heard from in so, so, long. I missed him but yet at the same time, I hated him. He tried killing my mom, and still wants to kill my mom, and take my niece away.

I knew I wouldn't let him and he knew that. Even Nathan wouldn't, he just he wouldn't. I trusted Nathan with my life, and in two days, I would finally be his wife.

My dad said, "I did want to take Hope away, but you know that's my grandchild. I wouldn't hurt a innocent baby. We both know that, Nathan. I just want Kehlani. That's all. Her to be dead. That's all I need."

It hurt me in pieces, why my mother? his own ex wife? the mother of children? the grandmother of his grandchild? his ex companion? it broke me. I was just happy, he wouldn't hurt Hope. But, he wanted to hurt my mom. the person, I most loved, and adored in this world. the woman who brought me into this world.

If he ever lays a finger on my mother, I will kill him. I will want him dead.

I heard Nathan say, "Well, you can't hurt Kehlani. What about your kids? What will they say? Your son? Your own daughters? Your grandchild? Think about it, Vincent. Your grandchild won't even be able to meet her own grandmother. When she grows up, she'll learn how horrible you were to her grandmother and what you did to her. Do you really want Hope to learn the truth as soon as she grows?"

He was right, Hope wouldn't even meet her own grandmother, and soon she'll learn the truth. After, all I heard was a silence. No words, nothing.

Three minutes later, I heard my dad say, "Well, Kehlani, cheated on me with one of my enemies. She deserves death. But I won't kill her then. I will just kill her lover."

I saw Nathan nod and he said, "Well, then go kill her lover. Even if Kehlani deserves 'death',  she's still a wonderful woman, Vincent. She loves her children, and loves Hope. If you would just have seen how she reacts when she feels Hope's kicks. You'll see how a good grandmother she is. She loves that baby. In,  just 2 months, you'll meet your grandchild. Don't leave, be there for your family, Vincent. Your son is a mafia boss, and he hasn't seen his daughter, or felt his own daughter's kicks, or even touch Stella's belly. Imagine how he feels?"

I heard silence, and my dad said, "Well, I already know, Martinez. Now, I have to go, do something important. I'll see you in two days, in the wedding of course."

I had to hide, he's leaving. I saw a little mini closet near by and I hid inside, just in time. I heard footsteps, and I knew it was my dad. After, my dad left, I left the closet, and I tried to slowly tiptoe so Nathan wouldn't hear.

As I tiptoed, I heard a voice say, "Well, well, Angelina, you heard everything didn't you?"

He saw me. He heard me. Fuck. I went in and acted awkwardly, as I scratched the back of my head, and acting like if I didn't know what was going on.

I nodded and said, "Um, I was walking for some bourbon."

He got up from his seat and said, "Don't bullshit me with your bourbon talks. Ange, you heard all of that didn't you?"

I nodded my head, and let out a sigh.

He then, cupped his hand on my cheek, and said, "Our wedding is soon, I've been waiting for this day since the alliance we made."

I nodded my head, and after he just made eye contact with me, while letting out a smirk on his face. He then brushed his lips onto mine. And took control of my body, like he always did. Now, he wanted me to follow his "rules".

I agreed, and I missed his touch. his lips. his smell. everything about him.

god, this man. he's everything to me.