chapter 16

Angelina's POV:

A day passed after my birthday, I don't even know what to think or do. I'm just exhausted. I didn't celebrate my birthday. I didn't like celebrating it. It made me sad.

I heard someone say, "Angelina, wake up".

I recognized that sweet, voice. I rubbed my eyes, and saw it was Samuel.

I asked him, "Samuel? What is it?"

He smiled at me, and told me, "Happy birthday, Ange. I wanted to give you this."

He hugged me, and when I didn't even realize, he came closer and brushed his lips onto mine, until I kissed him back. We didn't break our kiss, I pulled him closer to me. Meanwhile, he grabbed my waist, and I touched his soft, black hair.

He broke our kiss and chuckled, "We should get up now. I just wanted to stop by and I made you breakfast."

I smiled at him, and I knew I didn't deserve him, he was too kind, but it wasn't a problem. But I don't deserve his kindness.

I gave him a genuine smile, and replied to him, "Let me get changed, and I'll eat the breakfast made for me."

He nodded his head, and I went upstairs to change. I found a beautiful red, strawberry design dress. It was so pretty. Then I just let my natural curls down, and wore my red slippers.

Samuel saw me, and smiled, until he said, "Come."

I went with him, and he told me to sit down, and I did. He made me some blueberry pancakes, my favorite.

He sighed. He looked sad. "Can I ask you something, Angelina?"

I was worried, but tried to act unaffected. I nodded my head and smiled, "Yes, Samuel."

He sighed. He asked me, "You know how much I care for you Ange. But what are things between you and Nathan?"

I didn't want to talk about it. But I answered his question. "I don't really know. He's never here. I just don't know."

He nodded his head. Ten minutes later we finished our breakfast, and he said, "Look love, I would love to spent more time with you, but I have to go. The Russo family are trying to plan a trap on us so I have to help Nico to make our guns are loaded so we could leave later today."

I nodded my head while smiling. "Okay, see ya later. Take care."

He smiled and turned around until he said, "Wait."

He came up to me and kissed me again. He gripped my waist and I kissed him back, my hands wrapped around his neck. He broke our kiss and smiled. "Take care, love. Have a great birthday."

I nodded my head and smiled. I was alone again, I went to check on Stella, it was about 9:30 am. I wanted to make sure she was okay.

I went upstairs, and she was perfectly sleeping, like an angel. I touched her hand so she would wake up, and said, "Stells, wake up. It's 9 am."

She rubbed her eyes, and asked, "Ange? Is that you? What happened?" I smiled at her and replied, "Nothing, I just wanted to check on you and the baby."

She nodded her head and said, "She keeps kicking, but she's good. Even though mommy doesn't like when she kicks a lot."

We both laughed, and I helped her get up. I also helped her get changed, since she can't really do it anymore.

Stella said, "Thanks, Ange. I can't believe you're 20 now."

I gave her a nice smile, "Thank you, Stella. You're so nice to me. I appreciate you."

She smiled, "Always, but I also heard about Nico."

My smile dropped, and I asked her, "How is he? What about him?"

She said, "He's fine. But the De Santiago family are trying to ask Nico to kill someone for them. You know how our family's mafia specializes in killing and we get money from it. Well, Leonardo De Santiago asked your brother to kill Francesco Villalezar."

I knew the De Santiago's. They were crazy about anything. Lennia De Santiago also had a thing for my brother a few years ago. They both had sex and my brother made it clear to her that it was just sex. But she screamed at him and kept begging him to get with her. But if Lenia finds out about Nick's baby, she'll go crazy. She's a psychopath like her family. They're lucky that my family still does business with them.

Leonardo De Santiago has a wife, Alessia, and his children. He has 2 daughters, Lenia of course, and Maria. Maria was 16 the last time I saw her. She's probably 18 now.

I never cared about any of my father's business. I knew his enemies, most of them. Every time they would try to fool my father so they would get what they want. But, they didn't get what they wanted.

They always, ALWAYS, ended up failing miserably..

I just wondered why the fuck are the De Santiago's back?