But then that stinking Shifter General, Lucien caught her.

And she met the bloodsucking bastard Damien too.

If that wasn't enough, she'd even caught the eye of the Fae King Arion.

It made my blood boil to see her with anyone other than me and the rage was pure malicious. Wolves are territorial and Alpha wolves are even more so. When it comes to mates, possessiveness runs through us like blood and I was no exception.

With the few minsters assisting me now all spread out as we went our own ways, I felt myself drawing closer towards my mate's intoxicating scent that was starting to leave traces in the Palace.

I was about to head to my personal chambers in order to get information from a few of my spies in Valeryn but my Advisor cut my path.

"Your Majesty." With a bow, the old wolf greeted me and I nodded.

"Allistar." I addressed him, raising a brow.

"May I have a few words with you in private?"

I narrowed my eyes, already sensing the direction this conversation might take. "Alright." 

Taking my eyes off of him, I continued in the direction and he followed silently.

I'd known Allistar for a good five centuries. Though he had served during the time of my father's reign, now he was much older and thus wiser. While I listened to his opinions with high regards, he wasn't the one in charge. The wolf was now soon going to retire and I planned on giving the spot of my Advisor to a certain person already.

Once the doors closed to my royal chambers, I gestured to the empty seat while sitting on my desk myself.

Once we were settled, I started. "Speak, Advisor."

"Your Majesty," His voice was already strained.

Good. At least he knows having this conversation will be hard on him.

I'm a just ruler but wolves command absolute superiority and rank following. That's the way. My word is literally law here.

I simply rose a brow and Allistar gulped. 

"I've heard you found your mate-"

"Like the whole Kingdom has."

"-and that she's....human."

I opened a roll of paper and got an inked feather to proceed with writing the message to the Celeran Royals to ask about the situation there on the borders since the last few attacks couldn't have been possible without the Daeva crossing Celera.

It took a lot for me to not show my ire but I managed. "And?"

The feather is a little too weak, it might break with the way I'm holding it.

My wolf paced inside my mind, mirroring my inner turmoil in a cage of my own making.

Allistar continued, "Your Majesty, a human as the Luna of a werewolf Kingdom doesn't just sound absurd,  it is absurd!"

I stilled, a growl slipping free from my chest but dared not look at my Advisor for fear of my wolf taking over. 

You can say he and I are both in the extremely overprotective stage.

And that too when I know my mate is special. Oh, she's quite special. And despite what I might claim, the night I transformed after a century, only to stab her with her own dagger...

It's etched into my memory like stars in the inky sky. Except it's not a pretty scenery.

If I closed my eyes, it was not just her face I could visualize. It was those jade green eyes of hers that changed. Streaked with a strange silver after she came back from literally death's doorsteps, her eyes were even more entrancing now.