45

TW's:
-None

George's POV

I was sitting in the bakery a few days later. Clay was currently talking to his boss about all financial things since he was actually planning on buying the bakery.

Karl and Sapnap were standing behind the counter and they were holding hands whilst I was hugging Sheep because I missed Clay's hugs. Karl looked at me and smiled.

'How's Sheep?'

'He's happy,' I whispered. I looked at the croissants and smiled. 'I have another croissant?'

'Of course, with chocolate?' Karl asked.

I nodded and gave him the money. I started eating the croissant as Clay came back. He immediately walked to me to give me a hug and a kiss on my cheek.

'Hi, is your croissant tasting good?'

'With chocolate.'

'Of course with chocolate, is it tasting good?'

'Yes, bakery?'

'Yes, it's all done. I've bought the bakery and just need some people to work here now. You suggested Wilbur and Niki. I don't know Niki so can you tell me a bit about them?'

'Store.'

'Were they in the store you worked at?'

'Sweet.'

'Were they nice to you, honey?' Clay asked me as he kissed my forehead.

I nodded and rested my head against his chest to show him that I wanted to cuddle. Clay gave me a tight hug and waited for me to finish my croissant. 'Do you think Niki would like to work here with us?'

'Mean boss and she told me she always wanted to start a bakery.'

'When is the break?'

'Around twelve or something,' I whispered.

'Would you like to come with me to the store?'

'Mean boss?'

'You're not going inside. We are just waiting outside and I'll see if I can find Niki.'

'Pink or blue hair. Can't see colour.'

'Okay, that helps. Do you want to walk with me?'

'Car?'

'I'm buying a new car later, but I can't drive with the cast anyway, sweetie.'

I nodded and grabbed Clay's hand. He walked a bit, but then grabbed his crutches since it was easier to walk with them. Clay started stimming again and I left him for a bit until we arrived at the store. I cuddled up with Clay as we sat down on the ground in front of it, waiting for it to be the break.

I started playing with all my friends while resting my head on Clay's shoulder and he was moving his legs as he stimmed.

We sat like this for minutes and then I heard a voice. 'George! Why are you here? Are you okay?'

I looked up and looked back at Clay after. 'Niki.'

'Oh hi! Are you Niki?' Clay immediately asked as he stood up.

'I am,' she said with a smile.

'I'm Clay, George's husband. This might all be really random, but the boss of this store isn't nice at all and George told me you liked bakeries.'

'I do, I love bakeries. My grandma used to work in a bakery and I always went there to be with her. Once she passed away, the bakery closed for good.'

'Recently the boss of the bakery I always work at has told us he's quitting and he sold the bakery to me. I asked George if he had any ideas for people who would maybe want to work there and he said your name.'

Niki's face lit up. 'That would be amazing, I really want to quit this job, but I need to get myself some money.'

'We would love it if you came to work in the bakery with us and leave that stupid boss.'

'When can I start?'

'It's still running so you can start whenever you prefer to.'

Niki smiled. 'Thank you so much.'

'No problem,' Clay answered with a smile.

Niki looked at me and softly rubbed Sheep's head. 'Is he okay?'

I nodded and hugged Sheep and Clay after that because I got scared. Niki didn't mind and smiled. 'He did so amazing in the store,' she said to Clay. 'It was very difficult, wasn't it, George?'

I nodded. 'Scary.'

'And scary! But he did amazing. He found it very difficult to learn how the cash desk worked, but he managed to do it without any mistakes for an hour.'

I smiled shyly. I was very disappointed with myself, but Niki and Clay seemed really proud of me. Clay kissed my cheek. 'You didn't even tell me that you did that amazingly.'

'I was ashamed that I made mistake,' I whispered.

'But you didn't make a mistake for a long time. I'm so proud of you, sweetie.'

'Niki, I love Clay,' I muttered. I always wanted to talk about Clay and Sheep and tell people how much I loved them.

'Do you? You are married, right?'

'Yes and Clay is always very sweet to me and sometimes it makes me cry because he's so proud of me when I'm not proud of myself.'

Clay smiled and covered my face in kisses. 'I love you too, honey.'

'And I love Sheep,' I said with a shy smile. 'Sheep has been my best friend since I was born and I will never leave Sheep.'

'Of course, you shouldn't leave Sheep. Sheep loves you just as much as you love him!' Niki said with a smile. 'I almost have to work again, but if this is no joke, I'll quit this job and apply for the bakery.'

'No need to, you can just come to work there.'

Niki smiled. 'Thanks, Clay. See you later!'

'See you,' Clay answered and we started walking back.

I got insecure and looked at Clay. 'Do you like Niki more than me?'

'No, honey. I don't have any feelings towards her, only friendly. You're the only one for me.'

'I'm sorry for asking.'

'You can ask me whatever. With that, honey, I'm still thinking about it, but I think I'm more comfortable with being called gay.'

'Bisexual?'

'I think I'm comfortable with gay. I've never actually liked a girl and I will never like one either. I'd prefer you to call me gay if that's okay.'

I nodded. 'Clay is gay,' I giggled.

Clay laughed and kissed the top of my head. 'That's true.'

'It's funny, because it rhymes,' I said, explaining my joke.

Clay grinned and kissed my face again. 'It was a funny joke, honey.'

It made me happy that he liked my joke and we went back to the bakery to set everything up.

1077 words