"Peter, stop. I get it you're worried about me, but I'm fine. There's nothing you nor anyone else can do to stop these nightmares. I just need time to forget all of this," I breathed out. He stared back at me with wide eyes, his mouth hung open in a way that showed he was at a loss of words.

"I just want you happy. That's all I want," he said in a defeated tone. My heart slightly ached because I knew all of this was simply out of care.

"Thank you, I appreciate it beyond words can explain," I said as I cupped his face in my hands. Pete's expression softened at my gesture. The corners of his lips began lifting before a smile over took his face. "I love you baby." His breath hit my cheeks before I felt his lips against the bridge of my nose. An involuntary grin spread across my face immediately.

"Love you too," I giggled, wrapping arms around his neck.

"I wish you didn't have to leave soon," he pouted.

"It's only for three days. You'll be fine," I chuckled. "Adam and you can have some quality guy time," I added. Thankfully, Pete was around to watch Adam while I was gone. Bringing around a thirteen year old with me everywhere in London would have been torturous and stressful.

"He'll be gone most of the time, so it'll be me and the brief case," he said.

"No distractions?" I carefully suggested.

"I like being distracted by you, though," he murmured before he began placing kisses against my jaw, trailing his way down to my neck. Small shivers ran up my spine as his nose grazed the tops of my collarbones that were revealed by the t-shirt I was wearing. Each touch of his skin against mine sent jolts of happiness throughout my body. My mind felt so at ease with him around, and I was grateful for his re-entry in my life.

"Alright that's enough for now, I need some more sleep before I need to wake up in three hours." I squirmed away from his hold. Currently it was eleven at night, almost nearing midnight. We had decided to get to bed earlier considering my flight was so early. My sleep schedule was completely screwed up, so I probably wouldn't even get any sleep.

Groaning, Pete laid his arm across my waist, pulling me up to his chest. The top of my head was laying against his bicep as I stared up at the ceiling. Pete's face was nuzzled into the crook of my neck, and for some reason my mind tracked back to my times with Niall. The roles would be reversed, where I would be cuddled up against his warm and comfortable embrace. My head always found its way to Niall's beautifully sculpted neck with all of the freckles that were scattered throughout. Instead of continuing my reminiscences, I closed my eyes and forced myself to fall back asleep.

-

"Yes, Pete, I have everything for the hundredth time," I replied, tightening my hold on my carry on bag. Adam was too engrossed in his phone to even look away from it. Sometimes I really regretted the day I decided to get him a phone. Then again, what kid between the ages of ten and fourteen didn't have a phone? I don't even understand how he can not be tired this early in the morning. Pete and I barely made it to his car after waking up.

"Have a safe trip, okay? And if you need anything call me. I don't care what time it is," Pete stressed. I nodded my head, still trying to wrap my head around how sweet he was to me. Like I said before, I didn't deserve this. It didn't make sense for me to completely screw over one person, yet find happiness and love in another.

"I will, thank you Pete. For everything you've done for me. I may not show it all the time, but I'm so lucky to have you," I said as I pulled him in for a hug. He wasn't much taller than me, maybe two or three inches taller. His hands squeezed the small of my back in reassurance he felt the same. Our embrace didn't last too long before I heard that my flight was boarding in five minute. Pulling away from Pete, I turned back to face Adam who was rapidly tapping away at his phone.