HopeKook / Angst

Hoseok had seen a lot in his lifetime, which spanned centuries. His job as a shooting star brought him joy but also sadness as he granted wishes that were deemed as pure. As the years went by, fewer adults wished upon him as he traversed the night sky, his ears and heart catching the wishes of children alone.

But the wish he heard tonight was different. It was from an adult. The wish was pure, but that struck Hoseok as odd as it was not coming from a pure person. Flying closer to the wish-maker's location, the shooting star found himself in a cemetery, dark in the night. That was where he spotted him.

Jungkook.

Jungkook was known as a previous member of a vicious gang. He'd fallen in with the wrong crowd in his younger years, but he'd left that lifestyle behind just recently. Why was he in the cemetery, making a wish?

On his knees, head hung low, Jungkook was in front of a grave. It was the resting place of Jimin, Jungkook's best friend, the one who convinced him to leave the gang, an innocent bystander shot down in a drive-by that had targeted Jungkook.

Hoseok could feel a powerful ache in his chest as he listened to Jungkook's pure wish.

"I wish to be Jimin's best friend again in the next life."