Chapter 9

"That was eventful." Ellie says with a smile after I tell her about the 'date' between Zeke and I.

Nellie speaks up, "Anyways, about you and Zeke, your progress is amazing! I can say he's already starting to like you."

I say, "Well, let's not talk about me. I need to ask you a question Nellie."

"Shoot."

"Are you seeing someone?" I ask.

"How did you know?" She widens her eyes and I roll my eyes.

"It's pretty obvious Nellie."

"How?"

"You're all bubbly and talkative like you used to be in the past, when you had a boyfriend."

"So yes I have a boyfriend." She blushes.

"Who's the lucky guy?" I ask.

"I don't think you know him but he's a guy from my art class. He's good. I like him and we have a date next week Saturday." She blushes.

I smile, happy for her.

-

"Hey hot stuff." A blond guy with approaches our table the next day and winks at Nellie.

"I'm taken." She says.

"That has never stopped me." He winks.

"Man, she's not interested." Another guy too walks up to us.

"Who are you?" Ellie bluntly asks.

"Hi Alexis." Zeke then walks to our table.

Oh, they're probably Zeke's friends.

"Hi." I give him a cherry smile in return.

"These are my guys, Ian," Zeke points to the blond haired dude, "and Beck." He motions to the other one with black hair.

"Hi. These are my friends too, Nellie and Ellie." I point to both of them respectively.

They both ignore them.

They sit to eat and we all eat silently.

My eye catches Zeke eyeing the twins, especially Ellie. He probably remembers her now. I don't think that's a good thing.

Thankfully, lunch comes to an end soon, with Zeke and his friends promising to come sit with us tomorrow - much to the dislike of Nellie.

"Gosh, Ian is a pig." She says with distaste as she goes to her next class.

I laugh as I also go to my class. In the hallways, I see Belle lurking behind giving me a weird look.

God, I hope she doesn't remember me from last night.

-

As I'm standing in front of the twins' car, waiting for them, someone approaches me; it's Zeke.

"Hey, I need a favour." He says to me.

"Sure, what is it?" I ask him.

"There's a math test tomorrow and I need help. I was wondering if you could help me." He says in one breath.

"Yeah sure, let's meet at my dad's place." I say.

"As in your house?" He asks.

"No, my dad owns a restaurant. I'll text you the address." I say.

"How will you text me?" He smirks.

I give confused look, "You know, open my phone, click your number and -"