Chapter 23

Ever since Zeke told me what had happened between he and Ellie in Chicago, I figured I also had to tell him about this whole plan.

But truth is, it's harder than it might sound or seem.

I know no matter what, at the end, I'll hurt someone.

Zeke will be hurt when he gets to the know the reason why we got together in the first place was just for a plan. On the other hand, when I tell Ellie that I now like Zeke and don't want to go through with the plan anymore, she'll probably get really mad and not talk ever again.

God, what do I do?

My parents notice something is bothering my and ask what's wrong but I brush it off. Or at least, I try to.

My parents are very persistent.

"What's wrong?" My mum asks for the umpteen time today.

"Mum -" I start but she cuts me off.

"Don't say nothing, I know when something is bothering with my baby and I know this is definitely one of those times, so c'mon, speak up." Mum says as she waits for me to speak up.

I sigh, "It's really nothing. It's just some stupid school drama."

She keeps on looking at me but I say nothing more.

She just sighs, "Look, whatever it is I know you can push through it. Everything will be fine if you have good intentions."

I sigh and stay silent at that.

-

The next couple of weeks fly by much more quicker than expected. I'm unable to face either Zeke or the twins.

I just feel so awful as I know I'll let both of them down.

I've been ignoring Zeke, he's tried everything he can to come and see me but I make it quite clear I don't want to see him. At first, he was very desperate and he didn't know what he had done but then, he eventually stopped and has also been ignoring me since.

I know at this point, you're probably calling me stupid and whatnot but trust me, if you were in my shoes, I'm pretty sure you would have done same.

It's just much better to run away from your problems.

Also about the twins, Ellie and Nellie have been trying to reach out to me to know why I'm ignoring them but just like Zeke, nothing has worked.

I need to think of what to do next.

At this point, I don't really know.

I'm devastated as I think of all the possible outcomes when I tell everyone the truth. Well, it will all result in one thing nonetheless.

They'll all hate me.

-

Times flies pretty quick when you least expect it to. It's already the first week of June, meaning our finals are in a week and prom is just around the corner

And I still haven't spoken to the twins neither has Zeke to me. I really want to talk to the twins, trust me, but I for now, I need to make up with Zeke and tell him all about our plan. I hope he forgives me and you know, we live happily ever after!

Yeah, that's what I've decided to do now. I really like Zeke so I'm going to come out clean. If at the end, he doesn't like me back, I'll just accept it as it is. I know it won't be that easy though.

Belle has realized the strained relationship between the twins and I and decides to invite me to their table and sit with them.

I look at Belle, who is chatting loudly and I sigh. This is just not me. Sitting with the Elite's feel like a chore more than anything else. Almost all the popular kids on this table don't obviously like me since I tend to have Belle's attention most of the time.