Chapter 3

After Ellie and Nellie told me the plan, I wasn't exactly comfortable with it so I told them to give me some time to think of it.

I'm currently at the kitchen where dad's cooking and mum's using her phone.

Chance then enters the house few minute later, mumbles something gruffly under his breath then storms to his room. He seems very mad for whatever reason.

Both my parents dramatically sigh before turning to me giving me their well mastered, you-know-you-have-to-do-it, look.

"What?"

"Go talk to him." Mum says simply.

"Fine, whatever." I roll my eyes and then make my way to his room.

I walk to his room and open the door but he's too busy pacing around, muttering really colourful words to see me.

"So, what's up?" I flop on his study chair and open his computer, "Oh my God!! What is this?!"

"Hey!" Chance comes behind me and closes the application.

"Oh my God Chance!" I get up from the chair not being able to take the picture of those two naked people out of my mind. I'm scarred for life at this point.

"Why were you going through my stuff in the first place?" Chance asks.

"I don't know! Now I wish I didn't!" I let out a dramatic cry.

"Enough with the fuss, you didn't even see the real action." Chance says lightly as he sits on his bed.

"Real action?! God!"

Chance rolls his eyes, "What do you want pigeon?"

"Oh yeah, what was wrong with you earlier?" I ask ignoring that part where he called my pigeon. He just wasn't going to give it up and I needed to act like it didn't bother me.

"It was just coach being an *bleep*." Chance said his face reddening all over again.

"What did he do?"

"This new student comes and he chooses him over me and makes this new guy the quarterback and not me. I was even in this school before him. Back in Mexico, I used to be the best quarterback in our district! So *bleeping* bias!" Chance rambles his annoyance showing.

"Maybe this new kid is better than you. . . ." I stop at the glare I'm getting from Chance, "Maybe not."

"I'll be the quarterback, no matter what."

"So uh, who's this new student?"

"Zeke."

_

The twins come for me as usual and I get into their car and we drive to school.

The rest of the day passes in a blur without me thankfully seeing Carter.

But one thing everyone is talking about is this new guy called Zeke. He's apparently hot and all the girls in our school cannot stop gushing over how hot and badass he is.

I feel like I'm on another completely universe because not even once do I meet this new student.

After school, Ellie, Nellie and I decide to have a sleepover at their place because apparently, they have something really important to tell me.

"So have you met this Zeke guy?" I ask both of them when I get into their car.

They both share a discreet look and without answering my question, we drive to their house for the sleepover. I don't actually have to go home and go for my stuff.

I have a sleeping bag at their place and I can borrow the twins stuff anytime. The car comes to a halt as soon as we reach their place.

We get out of the car and walk inside their house.

"Hey kids," It's their dad, Richard.

He has been their only parent ever since their mum passed away a couple of years ago - that was before they came there. They moved from Chicago to here, California after their mum's death.

"Hey, you don't mind if Lexi stays over for the weekend, right?" Nellie asks.

"Of course not, Lexi is like family. How are you doing, sweetheart?" He smiles looking over to me.

"I'm great and you?" I smile back.

"Good. Enjoy your stay here." He says, "I'll be downstairs if you girls need anything."

"Thanks." With that we go to the room which they both share.

We make ourselves comfortable on the floor after Ellie goes for her revenge book. With a dramatic sigh, she starts,

"Well, back in Chicago, there was this guy I really liked. He was your typical high school jock, he was really good looking and belonged to the high hierarchy in the school. I knew there was no way he could be interested in me but I pressed my luck anyways." Ellie said and sighed.

"Bad idea. I told this guy I liked him but he said no. I then got desperate, I started following him around and kept on telling him how I felt. I know I should have stopped the first time he rejected me but I didn't. Then one day, he told me he liked me back and wanted to go out with him!" Ellie smiles and shakes her head.

"I should have been suspicious to why he changed his mind about me so quickly but I was so happy I didn't question him. So, we went out and this guy just basically used me. He then broke up with me in front of everyone after about 2 weeks. It was so embarrassing. Everyone made fun of me since that day and things were even worse for me because of my mum's death." Ellie finishes.

"Oh my God, sorry. That guy is an ass and he doesn't deserve you." I say. I honestly never knew of this, Ellie has never spoken about it before.

"It's honestly the guy's loss. You're an awesome person and any guy would love to date you." I say to her.

She smiles, "Thanks."

"But, how does this have to do with the plan?" I find myself asking.

"That *bleep* is Carter's brother." Ellie explains.

"Carter has a brother?" I ask. Carter and I dated for two good years and never did he ever tell me of a brother. I've been to their house numerous times and I haven't any sibling or brother for that matter. Carter is the only child.

"Yes, apparently."

"Wait, what do you mean by 'apparently'?"

"Do you remember that day we got after school detention?" Ellie asks.

"Of course, how can I forget?"

"I heard him talk on the phone. It was a conversation about his brother coming from Chicago and his mother was asking him where he was, since school had ended. What made me know it was him, was when Carter mentioned his name."

I take it all in. So Carter has a brother I never knew of and this same brother, happens to be the one who rejected Ellie and embarrassed her in front of everyone back in Chicago.

"Oh, so if I do this plan,  it'll be like hitting a bird with two stones!" I voice out. If I 'date' this guy, I'll hurt Carter's feelings and if I 'date' and 'dump' him later, it'll hurt this guy too meaning I'll get back at him for what he did to Ellie.

"Actually it's, hitting two birds with one stone but yeah." Nell smiles.

"So, who's this guy?"

"Zeke Parker."

-

Hi! Thanks for reading. You know the drill, give it a vote and comment.

BTW, what do you think of Ellie's plan?

Thanks again for reading. Byee!