"We passed him on our way to you", Mark answers, giving his boyfriend a sorry smile, "He wishes to see you in his office."

"Typical", Renjun spits, "He's here to sanction you for a mere prank, but where was he when you were kidnapped by your own psycho parents?"

And Donghyuck wants to tell them that Taeyong had left for the Ministry to help vouch for Doyoung's guardianship, but perhaps that was a conversation that can wait until he's able to sit down with them all and speak with no prying eyes or ears. He was already enough of a spectacle.

"Well, I suppose I should be on my way then", He huffs, pulling out of Jaemin's arms as he takes in his group of friends before him, "But first..."

He casts a glance over his shoulder at the slippery staircase that would lead down to the first floor.

"Anyone up for a race?"

~~~

His robes are still soaked with bubbles when he emerges from Headmaster Lee's office half an hour later. It was only a quick chat, just letting him know that the Ministry had not yet settled a court date but that for his educational purposes, Doyoung will be his guardian until Donghyuck graduates.

Donghyuck thanked Taeyong for what he had done, and just when the Slytherin was about to leave- on purpose or not- Headmaster Lee had also let slip that another professor had gone with him and Doyoung to the Ministry and without even needing to ask for confirmation- the image of his favourite potions master was at the forefront of Donghyuck's mind.

The next time he speaks with Johnny, he makes a promise to himself to thank him profusely, even though he already knows that words will barely be enough to convey his gratitude.

Donghyuck finds himself on his way back to the Slytherin Common Room as the school day is paused for lunch, and what makes him smile is that his little trick with the water slides is still running. Mark, despite being Head Boy, clearly hadn't done anything to reverse the spell yet. Donghyuck smiled at that.

As soon as he entered the Common Room, even with the cold stone walls and the deep green glow, he felt a burst of warmth spread throughout his chest.

At first, his eyes landed on Jaemin and Jeno. They were both sat on one of the royal green velvet sofas, sides pressed a little too close together to just be platonic as Jaemin leaned into the Hufflepuff, who was saying something in hushed tones.

Then as he glanced to the side, he could see Chenle and Jisung hunched over one of the few study tables lining the room, both boys focused on their respective books. Donghyuck didn't know when them two became friends- maybe they're still not- but he's glad there's going to be someone there for Chenle next year when the rest of them have graduated.

And then, what makes his heart skip a beat, is stood in front of him.

His love, his life, his world.

His cat.

Upon seeing Donghyuck, Nova lets out the loudest whine he's ever heard before she pads on over to him, quickly rising onto her back legs to paw at his legs, insisting on being picked up.

He obeys swiftly, taking her into his arms as he cradles her gently, bringing one hand up to comb through her fur before scratching behind her ear and under her chin, "Who is my precious girl? Is it you? Yeah, ooooh, look at you, my princess, look at those pretty eyes."

He can hear Jaemin scoff, breaking away from his conversation with Jeno. Still, Donghyuck pays him no attention as he just kisses Nova's head, absolutely elated to have her back in his arms.