☺︎︎ Chapter Fifty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry about it, you didn't do anything wrong." The familiar said and crawls herself onto her owner's lap.

"Jaemin is stubborn just like you, but remember, don't blame or hate him for this. He's doing this not for himself, but for you." She remarks.

"He loves and cares about you, we know that, right?" Jeno nods at her as he sniffles, his nose suddenly running. "Then don't act out just like him, be slow with this topic."

"He'll understand soon enough." She said, almost as a promise to the human boy who could only silently thank her by hugging her to his chest.

☺︎︎

"Jaemin hyung?" Jeno calls out, slowly entering the bedroom after he was done washing the dishes.

He squints his eyes when he passes by the window, the sunlight immediately touching his exposed skin, the heat making Jeno sweat even more.

He watches Jaemin's slouched back in front of him, the vampire prince sitting on his side of the bed while he was fumbling with something.

He swallows before placing a knee on the mattress, and then slowly crawls towards his vampire boyfriend who doesn't turn to look at him.

Jaemin didn't come out for lunch, even to just accompany Jeno.

But the human boy understood. His sudden actions and words must've triggered Jaemin.

However, does he really regret it? Not really, to be honest.

While Jeno was having his lunch, Bongsik was there to accompany him. And she didn't hesitate to give him her own opinions.

To put it briefly, Bongsik told him he shouldn't back down just because he felt bad in this situation.

Jaemin needs to learn things too. And right now, Bongsik thinks the so-called vampire prince is acting childish in a way.

So here Jeno is, confronting Jaemin and not backing down even if he's told to.

He was balancing himself on his knees on the bed, hands gently resting on Jaemin's shoulders and gave a squeeze.

He didn't know what or where to begin– then soon decided that there's nothing to begin with, but rather, continue.

He takes another breath and mumbles, "I'm sorry I said that and pushed your buttons... I get that you're mad at me, hyung."

He earns a sigh, but that's all. So he proceeded to lead this conversation for now.

"But I was just... I don't really know how to explain what I feel about... This." He hesitates. "About your whole entire world."

"Your parents, your people, your kingdom... Who you are."

"But you don't get it, Jen. That's not who I am." Jaemin finally spoke.

"Maybe or maybe not, you wouldn't fully know if you don't try it out." Jeno said, "you're making yourself think that you're not without even trying."

"Try for what? Be king?" Jaemin sarcastically chuckles.

The human boy rolls his eyes, "yes," he shakes Jaemin's shoulders as he leans in. "Try it out."

"And get what?" Jaemin shakes his head in disbelief. "Disappointment? Stress?"

"Nobody has it easy, hyung. Even your parents." Jeno frowns and rests his chin on his hand that was still on Jaemin's shoulder.

When his vampire boyfriend doesn't reply, he mumbles, "you're scared, I know." He then nuzzles his nose on Jaemin's sharp jawline. "And that's okay."

"Why are you doing this?" The older boy gets defensive again, making Jeno sigh deeply.

He turns the older boy's head towards him and pecks his cheek, "for both of us and your fellow vampires."

"I'm doing this for the same reason as yours, hyung." He softly smiles as Jaemin slowly leans in to rest their foreheads together.

"I love and care about you, so much, Jaemin hyung."

"Not as much as I do to you." Jaemin mutters, earning a breathless chuckle from his human boyfriend.

"Bet."

"My dear soulmate, bet."

"Pup, .... Bet."