"death doesn't decide your fate, I do."

Start from the beginning

Yes. They were all just dreams now. Nothing more or nothing less. They were slowly fading away just like his sane mind.

He had finally given up. He just wanted to end his misery now.

A bang made Wei Ying gasp for some air all of a sudden. He didn't expect noise coming in this part of the manor. Nobody had ever once been to this place not even Jiang cheng.

"You-! How did they find us wei wuxian!", Wei Ying hissed in pain when her cold hands landed on his sensitive cheeks. Yu Ziyuan panicked for the first time in two weeks when she heard those dreaded noises.

There were footsteps, gun shots and a crowd of men screaming at her to back off from him. Each and every single thing she said was to he held against her in court and even a single step towards him now was going to end with her getting shot to death.

Wei Ying did not know that he was being rescued right now. He had simply assumed that it was a fragment of his mind playing with him as usual. God, it seemed too realistic to him when he felt a calloused finger delicately stroke his jaw.

"This is so fucking realistic."

Wei Ying chuckled when he saw Lan Zhan cutting the ropes off his hands. Lan Zhan did not say anything and only wiped the blood off wei ying's cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't keep my promise.", Lan Zhan whispered desperately as he held Wei Ying close to his chest in his arms to warm his cold body up. He was so, so cold that anybody trying to touch him would have felt like they were touching a corpse.

Wei Ying simply laughed it off. The illusion sure did sound apologetic. As much as he wanted to believe what was going on he was so mind broken that everything seemed too fake for him believe.

"My legs. I-i can't feel them. Must be from all the sitting I did over t-the past few days."

Wei Ying stammered into Lan Wangji's pale blue shirt and smiled upon inhaling the sandalwood scent he had been craving for two weeks. He lazily smacked his bloodied fingers over Lan Zhan's cheeks and flicked the tears trailing down them in the process.

"There has to be only one crier in the room. That's me. Please stop crying Lan Zhan.", Wei Ying whispered with so much haze that it made Lan zhan cry even more. He did not want this. This was the last thing he ever wanted in his life.

Wei Ying looked down to look at his feet and saw the ties around his legs get ripped off by Gu Ming. His brain was still processing a lot of things.

For example, the cop who he thought was coming to bite him back right in his ass was holding Yu Ziyuan down and trying to grab his cuffs. His aunt looked angery for some reason. Why was she angry? Hadn't she succeeded in doing what she wanted to do the most? There's no point in getting angry over it now. Shouldn't she be smug over her work?

"How the fuck did you find us! I removed all the trackers by myself!", She barked out trying to rip herself out of the cops hold. The iron hold around her hand only tightened giving her a taste of her own medicine.

Song Li Nian was certainly the smug one inside the room.

"Your dearest son said otherwise."

Jiang Chéng came into view from behind him. Yu Ziyuan's eyes widened in horror when she saw her own son giving her the biggest betrayal ever. He did not even look at her face, it was not the shame of facing his mother who was a criminal, the woman no longer deserved something as little as a speck of glance.

"He found the blue print to this entire house in five days and found the little loophole that you had been trying to hide for years.", Her legs were pushed down to the ground by him to prevent more thrashes she sent to escape his clutches.

"I knew that you did all those years ago. But, damn you rich people always had to ruin it. You ruined an innocent boys life Yu Ziyuan, what do you think the world will be talking about you once they get to know about all your crimes?"

Even after getting caught, her sole thought was how she could get Wei Wuxian back. She did not care about her reputation. She wanted wei wuxian, she wanted him to be her Little puppet. Not son. A puppet.

"What do you think the whole world would do if he goes out with what I made out of him? He's useless now! You are too late Lan wangji! I killed your wei ying the day I got my hands onto him."

Lan Wangji would have shot her to death at that moment. But, wei ying was not replying to anything he asked him. He only stared off into a distance thinking that it was one of his sick delusions once again.

"Shut up!", Jiang Wǎnyín spat angrily. He wanted the woman out of her sight. Every single thing related to her made his skin crawl in disgust. He did not understand how she was so obsessed with a child, that she crossed all sorts of limits and murdered everybody who loved him just so that she could have him as her own puppet.

"Wei Ying. Please say something.", Lan Zhan touched wei ying's cheeks delicately and shook his face lightly. Wei Ying only stared off at a distant, he was waiting for it all to be over at once. He wanted to wake up in his chair once again and wait for his death.

His eyes were so dull and lifeless. There was blood everywhere. His cream coloured sweat shirt had dried blood sticking on it. His hands which were made for great paintings to be made looked small and shriveled. Devoid of any life, Wei Ying looked as if he had been starved for the past two weeks.

"Misery loves company doesn't it?", Wei Ying asked not realising any of the words that he said were hurting everybody.

The last thing Wei Ying saw before the rogue bullet his aunt had shot at Lan Zhan was the sadness in his amber orbs. His own silvery orbs widened in horror upon the late realisation of the reality.

He wasn't wrong when everything blurred out. Lan Zhan was pushed out of the way by his hands and a small patch of blood formed on wei ying's stomach.

"Wei Ying!"

A series of screams were heard throughout the place where he was held captive. That was all wei ying remembered.

All he saw was a familiar figure in white wailing his name.

He tried to grab on to it. And smile.

_______________________________________

Next chapter is the last one. It's a happy ending don't worry. Babie Yuan might make a cameo in the next chapter.

Buy me a kofi to support my works.

See ya~